Fashion textiles interview
Thank you for your application to the University of East London. As part of the admissions process you are required to attend an interview and provide a portfolio of your work.
Planning your day
Please come to the Docklands Campus of the University of East London and make your way to the Knowledge Dock Reception Area.
The University of East London
Please note that parking is restricted to permit holders only.
The nearest station is Cyprus station on the Docklands Light Railway.
When you arrive
Please enter the campus via the main reception and ask the staff at the main reception to direct you to the Knowledge Dock reception. Once there you will be taken to your interview by a member of staff/student ambassador.
Please make sure you are on time. If you arrive late for any reason we will try our best to fit you in but we may not be able to interview you until the end of the day.
You will need to bring:
- A copy of the email inviting you to the interview/an IT device with access to your invite
- Original photographic ID e.g. passport/driving licence
- A portfolio of work including the items below
Your portfolio should show:
- Evidence of use of colour, mixed media, sculptural work, photography, collage, and idea development
- Drawing skills - life drawing, observational drawing, understanding of garment scale and proportion on the body, fashion drawings, and inspiration development
- Visual research and inspiration development - concept boards/trend boards
- Evidence of understanding of textile application for fashion
- Evidence of publication knowledge –relevant for textiles, including fashion etc magazines
- Fabric research
- Understanding of digital and screen printing with any samples
- Any samples/photographs of work
- Story/mood boards
- Sketchbooks containing elements of the above
- Evidence of own projects/work/blogs etc
- Evidence of CAD Skills
- Some examples of repeat structure
Your interview will consist of the following:
- One to one portfolio interview with two members of the fashion team.
- Overview of fashion programmes given by the programme leader for Fashion Design
- Opportunity to speak to our students with and without staff
- Tour of the facilities we have for our design courses/Docklands campus
After the interview
We will notify you of the outcome of your portfolio interview through your UCAS Track or we will send you an email with our decision. If you receive a place at UEL you will be required to accept/decline your place as per UCAS deadlines or the deadline indicated in your email.
Special access or requirements
If you have any special access or communication requirements for your visit, please let us know prior to your visit.
If you need further assistance please contact our Applicant Enquires team on 020 8223 3333 or email@example.com