Teaching and Education
Relevant to all subjects and age phases, the programme is delivered through an award winning online platform called Learn, where experienced teachers work as Pathway Tutors to support your learning and help you to progress.
The course will provide opportunities to explore key aspects of learning and teaching in the context of international school systems and to develop individual practice through critical engagement and research on practice.
Delivered through an online platform and school-based learning.
International Postgraduate Certificate in Education
A one year programme for educators working outside the UK.
Fees and funding
The Student Money Advice and Rights Team (SMART) are here to help you navigate
your finances while you're a student at the University of East London.
We can give you advice, information and guidance on government and
university funds so that you receive your full funding entitlement.
Phone: 020 8223 4444
What you'll learn
- Approaches to assessment (formative, summative, diagnostic)
- Monitoring and tracking pupil progress
- Target-setting and effective action/professional development planning
- Evaluating teaching and learning
- Designing activities/planning to address pupils' needs and strengths
- Developing a portfolio - presenting with clarity
- Introduction to and exploration of a range of approaches to analysing teaching and learning
- Developing models of 'good practice', drawing on a range of literature comparing own teaching practice to models of 'good practice' to identify potential areas for professional development
- Planning for improvement in own teaching
- Evaluation of teaching and learning with a focus on meeting learners' strengths and needs
- Access and provision can be negotiated to suit in-country groups and tailored to specific needs.
What you'll study and when
We consistently review our courses to ensure we are up-to-date with industry changes and requirements from our graduates. As a result, our modules are subject to change.
- Developing effective subject knowledge and pedagogy
- Investigating strategies for raising pupil learning and achievement
How you'll be assessed
Your programme will consist of two core modules that blend applied teaching theory with practice, focusing on the relevant aspects of the professional role of a teacher as well as the aligned Teachers' Standards.
All work will be assessed against the learning outcomes for each module. You'll have the opportunity to explore key features of learning and teaching in the context of international school systems, while developing your own practice through critical engagement and research on practice in your online learning modules.Course specification
Your future career
Schools and local authorities have told us that they think our trainees are of a high standard. OFSTED’s 2012 inspection report quotes one school as saying, “They arrive in schools ready to start teaching and are well prepared for the rigours of the classroom.”
Backed by UEL’s excellent reputation, you will have a head start when it comes to securing a teaching post.
And when you are in a post and decide that you wish to take your academic qualifications further, we can help you to continue your academic and professional development.
Explore the different career options you can pursue with this degree and see the median salaries of the sector on our Career Coach portal