The International Compliance team

The International Compliance team oversees the University's responsibilities as a Student Sponsor Licence (formerly known as Tier 4 Sponsor Licence).
If you are in the UK with a visa that is subject to immigration control, it is important that you fully understand and comply with the conditions of your visa. By completing your enrolment task, you confirm that you fully understand and agree to the Student Visa Declaration  (for Student visa holders) or the Non-Student Visa Declaration (for non-Student visa holders).

The International Student Advice (ISA) team

The International Student Advice (ISA) team provide free and confidential advice and information on UK immigration and related matters to prospective and current UEL students, recent UEL graduates and their families. The ISA team are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide such services. 
Please note that it is illegal to give immigration advice unless you are authorised to do so by the OISC. All immigration advice queries should therefore be referred to the ISA team. 

How we advise

The International Student Advice (ISA) team operates in accordance within our Conditions of Service and abide by the UKCISA/AISA Code of Ethics. The International Student Team is regulated under the OISC guidelines to provide immigration advice services to current students and prospective students. The OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner)is an independent organisation that monitors immigration advice and services. 

The team are providing visa and immigration advice and support via email, phone, remote appointments, in-person appointments and drop-ins for our current students in line with University and government guidance.

The ISA team are:

  • Jennifer Haywood: Student Immigration Advice Manager
  • Sumaiya Zabwala: International Student Adviser
  • Shelley Webster: International Student Adviser
  • Eimear Smith O'Kelly: Student Immigration Officer
  • Emma Greenleaf: Student Immigration Officer
  • Akanimo Enime: Student Immigration Officer

How to contact ISA

The International Student Advice (ISA) team can only start to provide bespoke immigration advice once you have been invited to CAS Shield. You will be able to contact ISA by logging into your CAS Shield Portal, ensuring you have login details (email and password) to hand.

If you are currently enrolled at the University of East London, you should visit our Student Immigration and Compliance intranet site for more dedicated visa information and guidance.