The University of East London (UEL) recognises that people seeking asylum in the UK are likely to be some of the most vulnerable in our society. The University is working with the Helena Kennedy Foundation to support such people accessing higher education.
Successful applicants will be awarded 100% tuition fee support until they are awarded such immigration status that enables them to access support from Student Finance.
Please ensure that you meet all of the following eligibility criteria prior to making an application:
You must be:
- An asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker;
- An asylum seeker/partner/dependant who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status as a result of an asylum claim.
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a taught postgraduate course at UEL for 2022/23 entry
- Unable to access mainstream student funding
- Not require additional support for living costs
- Provide documentation from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to confirm your immigration status and give UEL consent to check this with our Premium Account Manager at UKVI
For more details see our full terms and conditions.
You can also check out our fee status assessment criteria.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications are now open for the January 2022 intake. The deadline to apply is 2nd January 2022 at 23:59hrs.
If you have applied, you will receive a response to your email within 2/3 weeks after the closing date (excluding the university holiday period).
Please note that we are unable to provide individual feedback if your application is unsuccessful.
Please see our Tuition Fees Policy.