The University of East London (UEL) recognises that people seeking asylum in the UK are likely to be some of the most vulnerable in our society. The University is working with the Helena Kennedy Foundation to support such people accessing higher education.
Successful applicants will be awarded 100% tuition fee support until they are awarded such immigration status that enables them to access support from Student Finance.
Please ensure that you meet all of the following eligibility criteria prior to making an application:
You must be:
- An asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker;
- An asylum seeker/partner/dependant who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status as a result of an asylum claim.
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a taught postgraduate course at UEL for 2022/23 entry
- Unable to access mainstream student funding
- Not require additional support for living costs
- Provide documentation from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to confirm your immigration status and give UEL consent to check this with our Premium Account Manager at UKVI
For more details see our full terms and conditions.
You can also check out our fee status assessment criteria.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications are now open! The deadline to submit your application is Sunday 17th July at 11:55pm
Late applications will not be accepted, therefore please make sure you submit your application prior to the deadline.
Decisions will be made within 3 weeks after the deadline date. You will be notified by email.
If you are due to start your course in January 2023, applications re-open in November 2022.