Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
- They offer an alternative route to higher education for those who would prefer to start employment
- The individual does not apply directly to the University but instead finds a job with an employer who is recruiting apprentices in the field of study
- The employer and government meet the training fees. This means the apprentice can be tuition fee free
- They provide employers the opportunity to grow their own talent in professional roles either by upskilling existing employees or by engaging new staff as apprentices
- Apprentices can gain a full Foundation Degree (Level 4) Bachelor’s (Level 6) or Master’s (Level 7) and several years of work experience at the same time
- Study at UEL fits around the job commitment and is agreed with the employer
- Apprentices 18 or over and living in a London borough could get subsidised travel in their first year of an Apprenticeship. See the TFL website for details
- Designed with trailblazer companies, UEL’s apprenticeship degrees and higher qualifications provide not only high quality academic learning but also ensure that graduates are highly skilled professionals with transferable skills for lifelong employability.
UEL’s apprenticeship scheme focuses on sectors where there are skills shortages. We currently offer the following degree apprenticeships:
- Chartered Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineering Site Manager
- Digital and Technology Solutions Professional
- Geospatial Mapping and Science
- MBA Apprenticeship
- Registered Nurse
If you are an employer and would like to find out more about our degree apprenticeship programmes, please contact the apprenticeship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in taking an apprenticeship, you need to be employed. To view apprenticeship opportunities see:
Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship - Bsc (Hons) Professional Policing degree
Part-time, work-based (3 years)
The University of East London is working in partnership with Babcock International and three other universities to deliver the Metropolitan Police Service, Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship.
This combines on the job learning whilst working towards a fully funded degree, all while earning a competitive salary and making a difference to London communities.
Most of your training will take place on the job, working alongside experienced police officers in one of 12 Basic Command Units across London. This course is delivered through work-based study and attendance at a London university campus. The Met also offers a part-time PC career route where new joiners can now train and start their service on a part-time basis.
Applythrough the Metropolitan Police recruitment website. Monthly start dates are available.
- the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- the Tech Partnership
- the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT)
- the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
We work closely with a wide-range of organisations such as Health Education England (HEE), the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).