Degree apprenticeships are new
- They offer an alternative route to higher education for those who would prefer to start employment
- The individual does not apply direct to the University but instead finds a job with an employer who is recruiting degree apprentices
- The employer and government meet the tuition fees. This means the graduate apprentice can be tuition fee free
- They provide employers the opportunity to grow their own talent in professional roles either by upskilling existing employees or by engaging new staff as apprentices
- Apprentices can gain a full Foundation Degree (Level 4) Bachelor’s (Level 6) or Master’s (Level 7) and several years of work experience at the same time
- Study at UEL fits around the job commitment and is agreed with the employer
- Apprentices 18 or over and living in a London borough could get subsidised travel in their first year of an Apprenticeship. See TFL website for details
- Designed with Trailblazer companies, UEL’s apprenticeship degrees provide not only high quality academic learning but also ensure that graduates are highly skilled professionals with transferable skills for lifelong employability.
UEL’s apprenticeship scheme focuses on sectors where there are skills shortages. We currently offer the following degree apprenticeships:
- Chartered Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineering Site Manager
- Digital and Technology Solutions Professional
The University has approved funding to support small and medium-sized enterprises, and companies with less than £3 million PAYE, with the cost of degree apprenticeships to the value of 90% of the full course fees.
If you are an employer and would like to find out more about our degree apprenticeship programmes, please contact the apprenticeship team at email@example.com.
If you are interested in taking an apprenticeship degree, you need to be employed. To view apprenticeship opportunities see:Government Find an Apprenticeship Service