This course will be delivered via BEng (Hons) or the BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering depending on entry qualifications (both accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators) and will provide apprentices with a solid grounding in the design, construction and management of civil engineering works. On completion, apprentices will be equipped with the technical knowledge, communication skills and ability to operate as a civil engineer within the construction industry. The skills taught will allow apprentices to work effectively in either a design office or on site, with employers such as government agencies, contractors or consultants.
A specific aim of the programme is to promote an active interest in engineering and to encourage the apprentices to respond to changes and developments within their profession.
Occupation profile from the Degree Apprenticeship Standard
- Ensures that safe systems of work are in place on the employers site and that all staff adhere to them.
- Translates design information to construction teams so they can construct projects effectively and efficiently.
- Manages the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time and to budget.
- Ensures that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client.
- Manages the activity on site in a way that adheres to the post and contract constraints.
- Ensures that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community.
- Manages interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project.
- BSc (Hons) This three year apprenticeship involves formal classes for 24 weeks per academic year (plus one residential field trip, quarterly review, assessment and documentation of work-based competencies) with an entry point of HNC
- BEng (Hons) This four year apprenticeship involves formal classes for 24 weeks per academic year (plus one residential field trip, quarterly review, assessment and documentation of work-based competencies) with and entry point of HND (or equivalent level 4 \ 5 qualification)
Entry requirements: Potential apprentices will need to be employed in the field of study and be over 18 years old. They must meet the delivery route requirement and have GCSE English and maths at A-C, or grade 4 and above.
Fees per apprentice for whole duration (paid on a monthly basis and is an estimate):
Levy employer: £18,000 – an estimated £666 per month from company levy.
Non-levy employer: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8223 2337 for more information.
The apprentice will not be required to pay any fees.
Progression: On completion, full-time employment and additional continuing professional development as required.