Care Leaver and Foyer Bursary
We’re excited to announce our care leavers scheme to support students who have been in care. Please read our terms and conditions.
What are we offering you?
- Cash award of £1,000 for students who have previously lived in care or a foyer
- The funding is non-repayable and you’re free to choose how you spend the money.
- New and continuing home* undergraduate students who have previously lived in care or a foyer
- You must be fee-assessed as a home student
- Students studying full-time and paying fees of £9,000 per year
- Aged under 25 at the start of your course
*See fee assessment
How do I apply?
To apply please complete our application form and return along with your supporting documentation to:
SMART, University of East London, University Way, London, E16 2RD
You can also download our guidance document to help you with your application.
For more information contact our SMART team.
020 8223 4444
University of East London Access Agreement
This bursary is funded as part of UEL’s 2016/17 Access Agreement commitment. All publicly funded providers of higher education in England that wish to charge tuition fees above the basic level have to submit an Access Agreement to the Office for Fair Access (OFFA) for approval. You can find UEL’s access agreements here.