The coronavirus pandemic places us all in an unprecedented situation. We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone, including those who are hoping to secure a place at university in September 2020.
This page is designed to give you clear advice and guidance on our updated approach to admissions, as well as giving you an insight into how the University of East London and the rest of the higher education sector is responding to the pandemic.
We know this is a time of uncertainty. Over the last few months, we have all found ourselves grappling with new and unexpected circumstances. But the University of East London is adapting – and thriving. Our ‘new normal’ has its challenges but also exciting opportunities. And we are looking forward to welcoming you in September 2020 with teaching that will take place both face-to-face on-campus and through our innovative online delivery.
We will be announcing detailed plans for our new dual-delivery teaching and learning model. We will also be providing step-by-step guidelines for our safe, phased return to campus, commencing in July. However, we understand that you will still have questions, and we urge you to attend our virtual Open Day on Saturday, 13 June for more information, including a live Q&A session with Professor Charles Egbu, our pro vice-chancellor for education and experience. Our website will also have FAQ, guidelines, video messaging and more, so please bookmark us and check back frequently.
This is a constantly-evolving situation, and our promise to you is that we will continually review our plans to prioritise your health and safety together with the quality of the student experience, and will keep you updated.
Worried about a future or current application?
Despite the coronavirus pandemic – we’re still open. We are welcoming applications for September 2020 via UCAS. Adapting our Admissions policy to support applicants at this difficult time. Following up existing applications and offers. Teaching students online for as long as necessary.
Last update: 30th March 2020
No exams? No problem – apply now
- We will look at your predicted grades and other factors to make a decision on offers for places in September 2020
- Search for the course you want and click ‘Apply to UEL’ on the course page
- Our Admissions team will contact you within 5 working days
- Read our FAQs for future applications and international students
Already applied or have an offer?
1. We still want you. Your application or Offer will be treated as normal
2. Online Events will help you get to know our campus, courses, staff & students
3. Invited to interview? These will now be online
4. UCAS have extended the May deadline for offers and acceptance to 19th May
5. If you want to postpone your place contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Read our FAQs for current applications and Offers.
Got a question for our Admissions team?
Try our Live Chat on this page or request a call.
Join the careers-led University
Get prepared for the jobs of the future. We focus on innovative, practical, career-focused teaching that will give you the skills and creativity to be adaptable to a changing world.