LONDON ISLAMIC FINANCE SUMMER SCHOOL
Current policy issues and solutions in Islamic finance
8-12 August 2016 | University Square Stratford, London E15 1NF
I am writing to draw your attention to this innovative new London event in the Islamic Finance Calendar and invite your participation as a company or as an individual.
Together we can create an important international exchange on current thinking and advice to governments and regulators and update the global community on live issues in Islamic Finance.
In this international London event we will examine live issues with practitioners and together make recommendations to banking and finance policy makers and regulators in government around the globe. The participation of leading organisations and individuals like yourself and your colleagues will make this possible and will enable a powerful exchange and networking event in London.
I would urge you to consider attending or ensuring clients or staff, especially those based in London, attend the event, to keep up to date and make an input to the most challenging developments in Islamic Finance.
SPECIAL DELEGATE RATE
friend of the UEL Centre for Islamic
Finance, Law and Communities, you and your company
are entitled to a special discount rate to attend the Summer School,
saving you £950 off the regular registration fee.
Islamic Finance plays an ever-growing role in worldwide commerce, development and consumer access to finance. Each year throws up new questions and challenges for leading practitioners in the field and for the academics who research and teach on the principles and mechanisms of Islamic Finance.
summer school is not a traditional retreat for academic teaching. It is an
active platform for questioning, dialogue and discovery of "Current
Policy Issues and Solutions in Islamic Finance.
SUMMER SCHOOL SCHEDULE
Monday 8 August 2016
|Monetary Policy & Stability|
Tuesday 9 August 2016
|Sukuk – Raising Capital|
Wednesday 10 August 2016
|Social Finance, Innovations and Inclusion|
Thursday 11 August 2016
|Marketing Islamic Finance Services|
Friday 12 August 2016
|Regulation and Governance|
- Each day will address a key topic for the practitioners of Islamic Finance
- Each day will be filmed or recorded to disseminate the latest insight around the globe
- Each day will hear from leading scholars from the Institute of Islamic Finance & Banking , the leading Malaysian university at the centre of teaching the bankers and financial practitioners, bringing issues and policy solutions from what is recognised as one of the most developed and fastest growing Islamic finance markets in the world.
- Each day will hear from leading practitioners from the UK , Europe and the Middle, East how Islamic finance is playing a role and finding models for participation in the full range of business, commerce, charity, property and ethical trading in world markets.
- Presentations will be followed by expert panel discussions and then group work examining and proposing ideas for action and models and lessons for examination by regulators, bankers, lawyers, regulators, professional associations and law makers.
I look forward to seeing you or your colleagues in London at the iconic site of the 2012 Olympics at the UEL University Square Stratford.
Professor M. Siraj Sait
Director, UEL Centre for Islamic Finance, Law and Communities,