Return to campus
WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD OF CAREERS-1ST Education
After a year of teaching online, we're ready to get back on campus – but we're holding on to a lot of the innovations we made during the pandemic.
From September 2021, our ground-breaking curriculum will be delivered through our innovative Dual Delivery 2.0 (DD 2.0) framework. This offers a holistic approach to teaching that focuses on developing your academic and personal skills to prepare you for the jobs of the future.
Dual Delivery 2.0 enables you to engage in a wide range of inspiring learning and development opportunities through a flexible, personalised, careers focussed education experience.
The benefits of Dual Delivery 2.0 are:
- Increased face-to-face learning and teaching - you will spend at least 80% of your timetabled contact hours on campus.
- The flexibility of live-streaming of on campus learning sessions (delivered at the same time).
- With permission, the ability to 'flex' to online delivery for a set number of days/or specific number of lectures each term, for example for health reasons.
- 2.5 day blocks of scheduled on-campus teaching sessions to enable you to make the most of your time on our vibrant and Covid-secure campuses.
- Dedicated time, every Wednesday afternoon, for most students to engage in co-curricular activities and enrichment programmes such as sport and physical activity, volunteering and student-led clubs and societies.
- Provides a holistic approach to learning and teaching, providing a range of opportunities to develop academically, personally and professionally.
- Access to our on campus and virtual Career Zones: places to receive advice and guidance, meet employers, practice interviews and engage with opportunities for internships and jobs.
- Personalised support throughout the learner journey, with access to academic advisers, skills tutors, career coaches and wellbeing advisers.
- A dedicated portal "Track My Future (TMF)" which provides access to all learning and support services and your own student engagement dashboard.
EDUCATION CAN DO MORE
Our programme of co-curricular experiences is designed to go beyond academic skills.
We invest in your professional and personal development through a range of initiatives, including our enrichment programme which includes the following opportunities:
- Sport, physical activity and health
- Student societies and groups
- Industry speakers, events and visits
- Cultural and social events
- Student enterprise
- Events for students living in on-campus accommodation
- Academic enrichment activities, including personalised support opportunities
GAIN THE EDGE WITH OUR CAREERS FIRST FOCUS
Our Careers first focus means we want to help our students reach their full potential, in and outside of the classroom, and make everything you achieve count towards your future career success. In September we're launching the UEL Edge Award to give you opportunities to achieve micro-credentials and badges that can be achieved within one or more of 4 pathways:
- Internship Work
- Student Life
- Volunteering and Community Engagement
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Students will develop core competencies in these areas, keep a record of this valuable learning within the Career Passport, and learn to articulate this to future employers.
If you have any questions about how your course will be taught, or how to get involved in any of the co-curricular experiences or UEL Edge Award, please get in contact with your course leader or school.