Benefits and discounts
Up to 25% discount
If you graduated from UEL you may be eligible for a postgraduate course discount. If you progress directly with no gap year, you may receive a 15% discount. For direct progression graduates achieving a Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1), you may receive a 20% discount, whilst direct progression graduates achieving First-Class Honours (1st), you may receive a 25% discount.
Alternatively, graduates joining us at a later stage may receive a 10% discount.
You should previously have been awarded an undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree, professional doctorate or a postgraduate research degree from UEL or one of its predecessor institutions, such as the Polytechnic of East London.
You cannot apply for the alumni discount if your course involves distance learning or if you are studying towards a post-compulsory education and training (PCET) course or any short course or courses worth less than 120 credits.
For more details see our full terms and conditions.
How do I apply?
There is no application necessary. The Alumni discount will be deducted from your tuition fees after any other scholarships, and before any early payment discount is applied. It can also be used alongside other scholarships and funding.
For further information and advice on this award please contact our Applicant Enquiries at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 8223 3333 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
Alumni network passport card
The Alumni Network Passport swipe card offers the following benefits:
- Passport Card Holders are able to stay in UEL residential accommodation. For more information about what accommodation is on offer, prices & to book a room please contact the UEL Residential Life team at Casual.Lets@uel.ac.uk.
- 'Reader' access to UEL's libraries, as well as the use of the USS quiet pods and collaborative spaces across all levels (Note: this does not include the use of IT facilities or access to dissertations/theses, room bookings, and short loan items.
- An additional annual fee of £50 must be paid to UEL Library & Learning Services if you wish to borrow books from the libraries). Alumni passport card holders are also able to access WiFi via the Cloud on their own computers/laptops/phones etc. However, you are unable to log on to the computers on-site.
- Discounted SportsDock membership rates. Just take your card with you to the SportsDock when opening your new membership and you will receive the discount. (Prices subject to change).
- 25% off conferencing rates and room hire. When making your booking with the conferencing team mention you are an Alumni Passport card holder. The conferencing team will verify this with us on your first booking, allowing you to receive 25% off all future bookings! For more information on conferencing facilities at UEL please contact the events team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to the Students' Union bars.
- Access to the multi-faith prayer room at Docklands campus.
For a one-off payment of £15 you can purchase the Alumni Network Passport card
The alumni team are now using the online E-store service to make it easier and simpler for you to obtain an alumni passport card. Not only can you now make your payment online but you can also complete your application form as well, and then you just need to visit either our Docklands or Stratford receptions with your receipt to get your ID card printed.
By using this new system we hope to save you time. Having made the payment and completed the form in advance, we will contact you via email once we have confirmed your graduate status. Then you can just pop down and collect your card between 8am and 7.45pm at our Docklands campus and 10am to 4pm at our Stratford Campus, Monday to Friday*.
We hope you will enjoy the new service created for you. Please follow this link to make the payment and complete the form for the alumni passport card.
*Please note that times may vary outside of term time, to check opening hours before visiting you can call the customer services phone line on +44 (0)20 8223 2000 and select option 4.
The UEL Alumni Network reserves the right to make changes to the criteria for and benefits of membership at any time. The UEL Alumni Network reserves the right to deny access to UEL and its facilities to an individual if they are a debtor if they have been excluded from UEL, or for any other reason which comprises our health and safety policy. Membership is non-refundable.
UEL Data Protection Statement
Your data will be used for a full range of alumni activities, including the sending of University publications, the promotion of benefits and services available to alumni, notification of alumni events and of programmes involving our academic schools and administrative services. It may also be used to provide you with information about further opportunities for study, activities and events that we feel may be of interest to you. We will only use it for the University of East London's own purposes, to inform you about its products and services, in accordance with our Data Protection Policy and will not pass it to any third party, except where reputable contractors are used by the University to assist with particular alumni-related projects. Data may also be used in fundraising programmes which might include an element of direct marketing.
Data Protection Act 1998
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to object to the use of your data for such purposes. Please indicate below if you agree to your data being transferred to our Alumni Network. Please also note that under the terms of the Act you may withdraw your consent to us using your data in this way at any future point. If you agree to become a member of the UEL Alumni Network now but change your mind at a later date please email: email@example.com asking for your record to be amended accordingly.
25% Discount Co-Working Space
Add a professional space to your home office with the University of East London's Business Centre. This co-working space is located on the Docklands Campus within Knowledge Dock. Full-time or part-time. Start-ups or established businesses. Whether you're a freelancer, digital nomad or a small business, our Business Centre offer all the tools you need to run your business. Access to the space will be exclusively limited to clients and includes access to hot desking, meeting rooms and private offices.
Did we mention that Alumni get 25% off? If you would like a co-working space and a London business address for £75, sign up today on our Business Centre page.
Trace a classmate
We can help you to get in touch with former classmates, colleagues or school staff. All you need to do is email us with the name of the person you would like to contact, their course of study and year of graduation, and any message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with UK Data Protection legislation, we are unable to reveal any personal details to others, but if we possess a valid address, we will then forward your contact details to the last known address we have for the person you are trying to contact.
We work in partnership with First Class Honours to provide our alumni with high quality alumni merchandise. From mugs to jackets there is something for everyone. To purchase items please visit the First Class Honours UEL Alumni shop.
The Alumni team runs around 50 events each year in the UK and overseas, online and hybrid. Events normally run between September and July each year, so make sure you keep an eye out on invites landing in your inbox.
You are entitled to receive a copy of our annual magazine for alumni, Now & Then, featuring all the latest news from UEL as well as interesting alumni profiles and details of events. We also publish 12 e-newsletters a year. To read past editions visit our Publications page.
Totum Pro is here for University of East London graduates!
As a UEL alumni you can enjoy exclusive access to TOTUM Pro, a benefits and discounts service designed especially for graduates and professional learners. TOTUM Pro is brought to you by the team behind TOTUM, formerly NUS Extra, and offers graduates and professional learners discounts across the high street and online, including discounts at 200+ UK brands!
How to purchase your TOTUM Pro card:
- Email email@example.com for your unique verification code. When getting in touch please provide your full name, student number if you still know it or your course and the year you graduated.
- Go to cards.totum.com/join
- Create your account
- Click 'I have a voucher code' and enter your unique verification code
- Select your TOTUM Pro product and complete your purchase!