Our volleyball club
UEL's Volleyball Club provides male and female student athletes with a quality student centred Volleyball experience.
The programme caters for players of every level and ability. For high level players the club offers daily training sessions coupled with individual technical sessions as part of the Volleyball England Senior Academy system, as well as recreational sessions on offer for beginners via the My UELSports programme.
Our teams compete in the BUCS leagues and many of our players also play for various Super 8 teams based around London. The men’s team have a partnership which links the University to London Lynx VC.
We offer a number of support services to athletes ranging from strength and conditioning, physiotherapy, psychology and nutritional support, as well as athlete lifestyle advice which are all designed to supplement the student athlete experience.
The UEL Volleyball programme includes:
• Team and individual training sessions
• 12-16 hours of weekly training.
• Beach volleyball training from March.
• Both the Men and Women's 1st teams are in the British Universities and Colleges Sport Premier League
• Access to NVL Super 8’s teams
Volleyball players can also represent UEL:
- In the British Universities and Colleges Sport League (both the Men and Women's 1st teams are in the Premier League
- At the Volleyball England Student Cup & Beach Student Cup
- In the UEL sponsored teams in the Volleyball England Beach Tour
UEL SportsDock is the home of the UEL Volleyball Club and volleyball players will benefit from free access to the eight volleyball courts available.
Our Volleyball Club also host free Volleyball sessions for beginners and those wanting to play socially on Monday's 17:00-18:00 and Thursday's 19:00-20:00 in SportsDock.
SportsDock also offers a world-class fitness centre, strength and conditioning room, and a dance and aerobics studio for exercise classes.
Sports scholars also have access to a dedicated strength and conditioning room.
Join this club
We welcome players of all levels, so why not give it a try
Find the scholarship that's right for you and apply today.
Jermaine Miles , Volleyball club
UEL is the perfect place for anyone who is seeking excellence and professionalism in a programme. UEL has given me the same experience I had in the USA with the facilities and support services that are available to student athletes.