Presentations and Teachings
- Bridging the gap in global youth mental health. Dawson, K. (2017). University of New South Wales & the World Health Organisation, WHO. Research presented at NSW, Service for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors, Annual Research Symposium.
- British Red Cross positive images - migration and development: a toolkit for teachers, youth workers and other educators to teach young people about migration and development.
- British Red Cross refugees and migration teaching resources. British Red Cross.
- Catholic Agency for Overseas Development, CAFOD, Refugee resources for children.
- City of Sanctuary UK, resources for people fleeing violence and persecution and seeking sanctuary in the UK are available by theme and for various groups and can be accessed via link below:
- Educational needs and experiences of refugee children in Scotland. McBride, M. (2018). What Works Scotland, WWScot.
- Experiences of refugee resettlement in Scotland. What Works Scotland, WWScot. (2018).
- Mental Health Interventions for Refugee Children: University of Oxford Series of Podcasts. Schroeder, E. (2019). The Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford.
- Narrative therapy: Tree of Life Project, a quick guide to completing the Tree of Life project with clients. Bremner, D. (2016). Recorded for the blog 'Firefly 255: Light in the Dark'.
- Resettlement of Syrian refugees in West Dunbartonshire: lessons for partnership and community engagement. Bynner, C. (2018). What Works Scotland, WWScot.
- Rights Respecting Schools: Teaching Resources. UNICEF United Kingdom.
- Schools of Sanctuary resources: teaching resources, lesson plans and fact and figures about refugees for schools. These resources can be accessed via link below:
- Trauma in refugee children. Isaacs, D. (2018). NSW, Service for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors.
- Trauma & the Refugee & Immigrant Experience. Abdi, S. (2016). Boston Children Hospital Refugee Trauma & Resilience Centre.
- The challenges in establishing a level playing field for all children and young people: Asylum Seekers & Refugees Health Care. Forsyth, A. (2017). Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, UNHCR Teaching About Refugees page provides free and adaptable teaching materials on refugees, asylum, migration and statelessness for all age groups in primary and secondary education with a section dedicated to professional development and guidance for primary and secondary school teachers on inclusion of refugee children in their classes.
- Working in conflict zones/disasters & legislative advocacy for refugee children & families: atypical training for graduate students. Carll, E., Khoury, B., & Stiles, D. (2021). Refugee Mental Health Resource Network, RMHRN, an APA interdivisional Webinar. APA Division 56 - Trauma Psychology.
- Working with young unaccompanied asylum seekers & refugees. (2021). Education Scotland.