COVID-19 community wellness pledge
Be Well. Be Connected. Be Kind.
Our priority is to provide a safe, welcoming and fulfilling, inclusive environment of success for all. This requires all of us to take an active role in promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of every community member.
England is now in stage four of the UK government’s roadmap out of COVID-19 lockdown and the University of East London is updating health requirements accordingly, maintaining a COVID-Secure Campus(including testing and vaccination services where required) and encouraging all members of the University community to continue to support the highest standards of health and wellbeing to help protect yourself and others.
We are therefore asking all staff, students and visitors to the University of East London to commit to the University of East London Community Wellness Pledge from 1 September 2021. The pledge offers a set of simple steps we can all take to keep our community healthy. While the pledge is voluntary, if you follow these guidelines, you will support the wellness and wellbeing of all.
The University of East London Community Wellness Pledge
As a member of the UEL community, I am committed to supporting my own and my community’s wellness. I pledge to take the following actions:
- I will receive two COVID-19 vaccinations in the community or on-campus if eligible;
- I will check-in to campus via the NHS COVID-19 App and the University Safezone App;
- I will wear a mask indoors on campus – in enclosed and crowded spaces - unless I have a health or disability exemption;
- I will practice good hygiene, including regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser;
- I will undertake COVID-19 tests twice-weekly at home, on campus or at a community testing site;
- I will self-isolate for 10 days if I have COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19 or am required to by NHS Test & Trace, ensuring I inform the University using the UEL Health Update Notifier (and my line manager if I am a member of staff);
- If I am double-vaccinated and I have been in close contact and/or live in a household with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, I will take a COVID-19 test EVERY day, for ten days;
- I will engage with all University health communications and stay up to date with NHS guidance;
- I will behave with kindness and respect towards others; and,
- I will support and encourage other members of the University community to follow this pledge.
As well as ensuring we protect ourselves and each other against COVID-19 and other transmittable illnesses, it is important to focus on wellness in all aspects of our lives. The University has a comprehensive range of wellbeing initiatives in place and wellbeing support services available for students and staff and we encourage everyone to make use of these.