COVID-19 community wellness pledge
At UEL, our priority is to provide a safe, welcoming and fulfilling, inclusive environment of success for all. This requires all of us to take an active role in promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of every community member.
This helps to protect us against transmittable illnesses, such as Covid-19 and influenza, and helps us to focus on wellness in all aspects of our lives.
The University has a comprehensive range of wellbeing initiatives in place and wellbeing support services available for students and staff and we encourage everyone to make use of these.
THE UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON COMMUNITY WELLNESS PLEDGE
As a member of the UEL community, I am committed to supporting my own and my community's wellness. I pledge to take the following actions:
- I will practise good hygiene, including regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser
- I will receive full COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters, if eligible
- I will be consciously aware of how I am feeling, and if unwell, I will take precautions such as working from home or utilising the Dual Delivery model to help reduce transmissible illnesses
- I will inform the University using the UEL Health Update Notifier (and my line manager if I am a member of staff) if I test positive, experience symptoms or are required to isolate due to Covid-19
- I will engage with all University health and wellbeing communications and access support services when needed
- I will behave with kindness and respect towards others; and, encourage other members of the University community to follow this pledge