UEL's virtual learning environment (VLE) is built on the popular Moodle platform. It provides courses where learning materials and activities can be accessed and gives access to a range of other learning resources, such as Turnitin, MyPortfolio, Panopto, Linkedin Learning, Module Evaluation surveys and more.
1. Access your profile by clicking on your name in Moodle. (Your name is usually visible in the top right-hand corner or at the bottom of the page).
2. In the Settings block on the left, click profile.
3. Edit the fields you wish to change. Include a picture by dragging it into the field, and you can list your interests as tags, which will link to other staff and students who have chosen the same tag.
4. Click Update profile at the bottom of the page.
2. Click on the course name of the course you want un-enrol from - Note you can only unenrol for self enrolment courses
3. Click the gear icon to the right of the course name.
4. Confirm that you want to un-enrol from the course by clicking Continue.
5. Note: you cannot un-enrol onto courses that you have been automatically enrolled on.
For file submissions, either drag and drop your file(s) into the File submissions field, or browse for the file to upload by clicking on Add… in the left top corner. Finally, click Save changes to confirm. For text only submissions, click Add submission and type into the Online text box. Save changes. You may edit your submission until the due date. You may be able to read, edit and resubmit your assignment type depending on the settings your lecturer has chosen. If your lecturer is providing feedback and grades through Moodle you be able to see this by clicking on the assignment once it has been marked.
In a forum with optional or auto subscription you can choose which discussions to subscribe to by clicking the ‘dot’ icon to the right of the discussion. An envelope tells you are already subscribed.
When you reply to a post you will see a tickbox ‘Discussion subscription’. It will already be ticked if you have chosen in your forum preferences to be subscribed to discussions you post in by default. If you have chosen not to subscribe to forum discussions by default, then you can tick this box to be notified of posts from this particular thread.
The recording system is not installed in all lecture theatres and classrooms. Also, it is up to individual lecturers to opt in to have their lectures recorded, so there isn’t complete coverage of all UEL lectures. Lectures that are recorded will be made available through Moodle. If you know that your lectures are being recorded but cannot find any links to the recordings please contact your lecturer in the first instance.
The easiest way to access these recordings is by following a link from your Moodle course.