Dr. Qingan Huang
Senior lecturer in Strategic Management; Associate director of MSc international Business Management
Centre for Innovation Management and Enterprise (CIME) at UEL, Business & Management Subject Group, Business, MBA
Teaching strategy, leadership and entrepreneurship modules. Supervising PhD and PG students. Co-director of CIME.
Dr Qingan Huang is a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management at Royal Docks School of Business & Law, University of East London; He also serves as the co-director of the Centre for Innovation Management and Enterprise (CIME). He founds an international business school and The Innovation Center for China-US Youth Exchange in China. His research interests include internationalization of SMEs, marketing, strategic leadership, entrepreneurship and China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). He regularly presented his projects at the AoM and SMS annual meetings. He published papers in International Marketing Review, Journal of Business Ethics, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research and edited book chapters.
A researcher in psycholinguistics, strategic leadership, internationalization of SMEs, Born Global entrepreneurship; a speechwriter & consultant for British & Chinese Top Entrepreneurs; a leaders’ and entrepreneurs’ image-builder for business awards competitions, e.g. the Queen’s Awards, CBI Growing Business Awards and the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Awards
- PhD in Management (City, University of London)
- MRes in research method (Kingston)
- MBA in business venturing (Southampton)
- MSc in business growth (Glasgow)
- BSc in management (education & psychology, SCNU)
Academy of Management (AoM) Meeting, California
2) HUANG,Q & APPADU, N (2014) The Degree of Analysis of New CEOs’ Cognitive Reasoning and Firms’ Cash Holding Strategy, The 34th Strategic Management Society(SMS) Annual International Conference, Madrid ( best PhD paper candidate)
3) HUANG, Q (2014) The power of words: CEOs’ psychological factors and CEO turnover types, Academy of Management (AoM) Meeting, Pennsylvania
4) HUANG, Q (2014) The impacts of new CEOs’ psychological factors on post-succession strategic change, AoM Meeting, Pennsylvania
5) HUANG, Q (2007) Social Networks in the “Born Global” firms: A quasi-systematic review, ISBE conference, November, Glasgow
6) Huang, Q and Nicolopoulou, K (2006) Who is giving entrepreneurs trouble within their social networks? A case study of de-internationalisation between China and the UK, the British Academy of Management conference, Belfast, September
Fouskas, Shampa, Huang and Udeogu (2020) China
and the USA: Globalisation and the Decline of America’s Supremacy Palgrave-Macmillan
‘Problem-Solving Dissension and International Entry
Mode Performance’ (with Junzhe Ji and PavlosDimitratos), International
Marketing Review, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2016.
‘Everyday-Life Business Deviance among Chinese SME
Owners’ (with PavlosDimitratos, Junzhe Ji and TaoyongSu) Journal of Business
Ethics, (2019) 155: 1179
Materialism, social stratification, and ethics:
evidence from SME owners in China, International Journal of Entrepreneurial
Behavior & Research, 2019, Vol. 25 No. 3, pp. 499-517.
Huang Q, Osabutey E, Ji J and Meng L (2017) The
Impact of Social Networks on “Born Globals”: A Case of De-Internationalisation
in Ojo S (Ed), Diasporas and Transnational Entrepreneurship in Global Contexts.
HUANG, Q. and SlOWAK (2017) Chinese Leaders' Tonalities
of Public Entrepreneurship: Governors at the Interface with Stakeholders, AoM
Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia.
HUANG, Q. (2014) The power of words: CEOs’
psychological factors and CEO turnover types, Academy of Management (AoM)
HUANG, Q. (2014) The impacts of new CEOs’
psychological factors on post-succession strategic change, AoM Meeting,
2) CASS Business School Scholarship, City University
3) Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Summer School scholarship, University of Essex
4) ESRC research method postgraduate program funding award (full funded), Kingston University
5) Management School Postgraduate Bursary (full funded), University of Southampton
Strategic leadership, Entrepreneurship, Leadership
succession and strategic change
Internationalisation of SMEs, international entrepreneurship,
Cognition, emotion and intention, Psycholinguistics
Applied psychology, time management, Flow and timelessness, positive psychology
Research methodology, China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
SG7240 - Sustainable Strategic Management (MBA)
SG6001 Competitive Advantage from Innovation (BBA)
SG7238 Changes in the Business Context (MIBM)
SGM206 International Business Strategy (German MBA)
MK3002DL Research project (distant learning)
MK7227 Postgraduate Research Methods
SGM239 Management Report: Research