Dr Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar
Dr Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar has served as a lecturer in the Department of Computer Science and Digital Technologies since 2018. He successfully introduced a new course and he is the programme leader for MSc Artificial Intelligence (2020). The programme attracted 12 students in the first batch. He delivers lecturers related to Data Mining, Data Bases, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning. He supervises various BSc, MSc and PhD students.
University of Southampton, UK
- Thesis Title: “Scalable, Practical, and Robust Algorithms for Recommender Systems”
- Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Adam Prugel-Bennett, ECS, University of Southampton, UK (2009-2012)
- Dr. Craig Saunders, Head of Applied Science, Amazon Alexa Knowledge, UK (2008-2009)
- Research Area: Machine Learning, Data Mining, prediction
University of Southampton, UK
- Title: “Novel Heuristic for Coalition Structure Generation in Multi-Agent Systems”
- Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Nick Jennings (Vice Provost, Imperial College London)
- Research Area: Artificial Intelligence, Multi-agent systems, optimization
BSc Software Engineering Jan 2002 – Dec 2005
University of Engineering and Technology Taxila, Pakistan
- Secured Gold medal (top in BSc cohort)
- Lead Editor for special issue (2018/19) in "Mathematical Problems in Engineering”, IF = 0.8 (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/mpe/si/723981/cfp/) (Collaboration of University of Oxford, UK)
- Professional Membership:
- Fellow of Higher Education (FHEA)
- MBCS, British Computer Society, the Chartered Institute for IT
- IEEE, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- Referee Services
- IEEE ICIIS19, FSDM19, MLIS19, ICKD19,NXT19, ICITEE19
- WCASET17, CMVIT2017, ICDPR2017, DMCIT 2017, ICoICT 2017
- Enchires2016 (Workshop on Engineering HCI in Recommender Systems)
- ICBDA2016, ICICA2016, ICMLA2016, FIT2016, Samrticipation 2016, ICKET2016
- ICOAI 2015, IFOST 2015, FSDM 2015, NSEC 2015, FIT 2015/16/17
- NSEC 2014
- Information Sciences (2013, 2015)
- Scientia Iranica Journal
- IBT’s Journal of Information & Communication Technology - IBT JICT, IAENG, ACSE
- Senior Management Member, Ministry of Planning Commission, Pakistan
- Data Mining, Machine/Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition: Recommender Systems, Collaborative Filtering, Information Retrieval, Kernel based learning, Classification techniques, Dimensionality reduction techniques for handling large scale data, Clustering, Neural Nets, Social Media Analysis, Cognitive Science, Web Mining and Analysis, NLP, Software agents, coalition formation in agents, multi-agent systems, search engines.
- Forecasting, Personalization, Prediction, Decision Support Systems, Stock market prediction, Time series.
- Big Data, Business Intelligence & Insights, Machine Learning in Big Data.
- Launching new initiatives implementation, Vision, E-Govt, Consultancy, Digital Economy, Socio-economic development.
A novel centroid initialisation for kmeans clustering in the presence of benign outliers
Amin Karimi, Shafiq Rehman, Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar. 2020. International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies.
An improved product recommendation method for collaborative filtering
Arta Iftikhar, Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, Mubbashir Ayub, Zahid Mehmood, Muazzam Maqsood. 2020. IEEE Access (Accepted).
Stock market prediction using machine learning classifiers and social media, news
Wasiat Khan, Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, Muhammad Awais Azam, Amin Karami, Khaled H Alyoubi, Ahmed S Alfakeeh. 2020. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, Pages 1-24.
An Effective Model for Jaccard Coefficient to Increase the Performance of Collaborative Filtering
Mubbashir Ayub, Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, Tasawer Khan, Asjad Saleem. 2020. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering.
Unifying user similarity and social trust to generate powerful recommendations for smart cities using collaborating filtering-based recommender systems
Mubbashir Ayub, Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, Zahid Mehmood, Khaled H Alyoubi, Ahmed S Alfakeeh. 2019. Soft Computing, Pages 1-24 Publisher Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
Predicting stock market trends using machine learning algorithms via public sentiment and political situation analysis
Wasiat Khan, Usman Malik, Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, Muhammad Awais Azam, Khaled H. Alyoubi, Ahmed S. Alfakeeh. 2019. Soft Computing, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISSN 1432-7643, pp 1-25.
Modelling user rating preference behaviour to improve the performance of the collaborative filtering-based recommender systems
Mubbashir Ayub, MA Ghazanfar, Zahid Mehmood, Tanzila Saba, Riad Alharbey, Asmaa Mahdi Munshi, Mayda Abdullateef Alrige. 2019. PloS one, Volume 14, Issue 8, Pages e0220129.
Mispronunciation Detection Using Deep Convolutional Neural Network Features and Transfer Learning-Based Model for Arabic Phonemes
Faria Nazir, Muhammad Nadeem Majeed, MA Ghazanfar, Muazzam Maqsood. IEEE Access, volume 7, 52589-52608.
Kernel Context Recommender System (KCR): A Scalable Context-Aware Recommender System Algorithm
Misbah Iqbal, MA Ghazanfar, Asma Sattar, Muazzam Maqsood, Salabat Khan, Irfan Mehmood, Sung Wook Baik. 2019. IEEE Access, 2019, Volume 7, Pages 24719-24737.
Social media signal detection using tweets volume, hashtag, and sentiment analysis
Faria Nazir, MA Ghazanfar, Muazzam Maqsood, Farhan Aadil, Seungmin Rho, Irfan Mehmood. 2019. Multimedia Tools and Applications, volume 78, Issue 3, 2019.
An IoT based efficient hybrid recommender system for cardiovascular disease
Fouzia Jabeen, Muazzam Maqsood, MA Ghazanfar, Farhan Aadil, Salabat Khan, Muhammad Fahad Khan, Irfan Mehmood. Journal Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, Springer US, Pages 1-14.
Optimized Gabor Feature Extraction for Mass Classification Using Cuckoo Search for Big Data E-Health Care
Salabat Khan, Amir Khan, Muazzam Maqsood, MA Ghazanfar, Farhan A. Journal of Grid Computing, Volume 17, Issue 2, Pages 239-254 .
A Performance Comparison of Machine Learning Classification Approaches for Robust Activity of Daily Living Recognition
Rida Ghafoor, MA Ghazanfar, M Awais Azam, Usman Nameem. Artificial Intelligence Review 21 (2), Pages 279-310.
A Dimensionality reduction based efficient software fault prediction using Fisher linear discriminant analysis (FLDA)
A Kalsoom, M Maqsood, MA Ghazanfar, F Aadil, S Rho. The Journal of Supercomputing, Volume 74, Issue 9, Pages 4568-4602 (IF=2).
A Robust Regression-Based Stock Exchange Forecasting and Determination of Correlation between Stock Markets
Umair Khan, Farhan Aadil, MA Ghazanfar, Salabat Khan, Noura Metawa, Khan Muhammad, Irfan Mehmood, Yunyoung Nam. Sustainability, Volume 10, Issue 10, Pages 3702.
Scalable and Practical One-Pass Clustering Algorithms for Recommender System
A Khalid, MA Ghazanfar, MA Azam, YF Aldhafiri, S Zahra. Intelligent Data Analysis 21 (2), 279-310.
Building Accurate and Practical Recommender System Algorithms Using Machine Learning Classifier and Collaborative Filtering
A Sattar, MA Ghazanfar, M Iqbal. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering 42 (8), 3229-324.
Recognition Framework for Inferring Activities of Daily Living Based on Pattern Mining
S Nasreen, MA Azam, U Naeem, MA Ghazanfar, A Khalid. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering.
Novel Centroid Selection Algorithms for K-Means Clustering in Recommender Systems
S Zahra, MA Ghazanfar, A Khalid, MA Azam, U Naeem, A Prugel-Bennett. Information Sciences 320, 156-189.
Experimenting Switching Hybrid Recommender Systems
MA Ghazanfar. Intelligent Data Analysis 19 (4), 845-877.
Leveraging Clustering Approaches to Overcome Gray-Sheep Users Problem in Recommender Systems
MA Ghazanfar, A Prügel-Bennett. Expert System with Application 41 (7), 3261-3275.
The Advantage of Careful Imputation Sources in Sparse Data-Environment of Recommender Systems: Generating Improved SVD-based Recommendations
MA Ghazanfar, A Prügel-Bennett. Informatica 37 (2013) 61–92.
Kernel-mapping recommender system algorithms
Mustansar Ali Ghazanfar, Adam Prügel-Bennett, Sandor Szedmak. Information Sciences, volume 208, page, 81-104.
A Comparative Study of Classifier Based Mispronunciation Detection System for Confusing Arabic phoneme
M Maqsood, HA Habib, SM Anwar, MA Ghazanfar, T Nawaz. The Nucleus 54 (2).
Variance Based Pattern Detection for Inferring Activities of Daily Living
W Ali, MA Azam, U Naeem, MA Ghazanfar, A Khalid, Y Amin. The Nucleus 54 (2).