'Different Pasts - Shared Futures'. A conference at UEL for Refugee Week
The Different Pasts - Shared Futures: A one-day conference at UEL to mark Refugee Week 2016.
- 10.30-11am: Registration and networking
- 11am-12.30pm: Living Narratives in the Calais Jungle. Aura Lounasmaa, Dr Cigdem Esin and colleagues.
- 1-2pm (lunch): Film Screening: Performing the Archive: Living Narratives and the Politics of Performance. A showcase of a recent civic engagement project with our second-year theatre studies students.
- 2-3pm: Archiving Living Histories of the Migration Experience: Oral History, Archives and the Hidden Narratives of Migration. Paul Dudman, Archivist at UEL.
- 3-4.30pm: Workshop: How can we engage with refugee communities and help document and preserve their life histories and enable their stories to be told?
- 4.30-4.45pm: Break
- 4.45-6pm: Brexit and the Migration Crisis: Redefining refugee, migration and conflict studies in a fragmented Europe? Roundtable discussion including past and present UEL staff and students. Chair: Professor Giorgia Dona.
- 6pm: Refreshments and networking. Location: Ground Floor Library Foyer and Refugee Council Archive.
If you’re a member of the media and would like to attend, or request an interview or comment from one of our academics on the issues of Brexit and refugees, the Middle East humanitarian crisis, or the migration situation in Europe, please call or email me: D.Blackman@uel.ac.uk 0208 223 2701 07894 800 512
UEL offers a range of postgraduate courses including Refugee Studies, and Conflict Displacement.
Wednesday, 22 June 2016
This text shows in the bubbleSee map