Telling London Stories
A Symposium on Dialogue and Performance in the City
- Deanna Rodger, poet, educator and activist
- Cigdem Esin, Jennifer Achan, and Angie Voela, UEL Social Sciences: ‘A Diasporic Trialogue: Mothers, Losses and Selves’
- Toby Butler, UEL Arts and Digital Industries: ‘Oral history and place’
- Sian Jones, UEL Health and Bioscience: ‘Mapping Redbridge’.
- Tessa McWatt and Sam Dodd, UEL Arts and Digital Industries: ‘CityLife Stories’
Performance by Deanna Rodger
Deanna Rodger is a former UK Poetry Slam Champion and actor and one of ELLE magazine’s ’30 inspirational women under 30′. Nominated as a Rising Star for Hospital Club’s 100 awards, she is an international workshop facilitator and has written and performed commissions for BBC (Women Who Spit; Words First; Freespeech), Guardian News, and National Youth Theatre (2012 Olympic Team Welcome Ceremonies; Buckingham Palace; Speakers House). She co-curates one of London’s leading spoken word events: Chill Pill and is a member of Keats House Poetry Collective. Deanna is currently writing and producing her ‘spoken word meets quantum physics’ show ‘Matter’ which has been supported by; Roundhouse Camden; Albany Deptford; Lyric Hammersmith; New Writing South and Arts Council England.
This event is organised by the UEL Centre for Narrative Research
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
This text shows in the bubbleSee map