Conferences and workshops
European Cyber Security Month: Infosec Conference
Learn about the latest threats and ways to stay protected
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is an EU advocacy campaign promoting cyber security among citizens and advocates for change in the perception of cyber-threats.
The month is organised by the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT) and partners.
The University of East London will host the first edition of Infosec Week activities, with talks and hands-on workshops to promote data information, understand cyber trends, and share good practice.
The conference will take place on the 26 and 27 October.
Key objectives of the European Cyber Security Month through Infosec Week
- Generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy
- Generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed Network and Information Services Directive
- Promote safer use of the Internet for all users
- Build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM
- Involve relevant stakeholders
- Increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project
- Enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
A full programme will be published shortly.
Media requests should be sent to the press officer: Daniel Blackman D.Blackman@uel.ac.uk 0208-223-2701
Wednesday, 26 October 2016 9:00 to Tuesday, 27 September 2016 17:00
Two day cyber security conference at UELSee map