Search for courses or information

Disabled Students 2018

Disabled Students 

As a higher education, full or part-time student living in England, you can apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability. This includes mental health conditions or specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010. The support you receive depends on your individual needs and not on your income.

You can get help with the costs of specialist equipment (up to £5.358 for the whole course), non-medical helpers (up to £21,305 a year for full-time students and £15,978 for part-time), extra travel costs due to your disability and a range of other disability-related costs of studying. Postgraduates can get a single allowance of up to £10,652 per year.

Please note figures are based on 2017/18 figures, this is a guide to help you plan your finances. We will publish the 2018/19 figures as soon as they are available.

Further information
For more information and details of how to apply, please see the DSA webpage.