About the course
The Registered Nurse Degree Apprentice is a highly trained role to support the delivery of effective, safe and responsive care in and across a wide range of health and care settings.
This Apprenticeship at UEL is designed to work in partnership with NHS Trusts and Health and Social Care Organisations supporting the development of local staff to train as Registered Nurses. Apprentices are released by their employer to study part time at University and undertake practice placements to develop the skills required to be a safe, effective, compassionate and competent nurse.
The Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship programme mirrors the undergraduate full-time nursing degree and you will complete the same modules and undertake the same assessments. . As an apprentice you will spend time in practice working, as well as have protected practice learning (Supernumerary) time and time at the university. Your programme will run across 4 years but there will be opportunities for eligible candidates to APL/APEL up to 50% of the programme and complete a shorter programme.
The BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) is a professional qualification that will allow you to be eligible to apply to the NMC for entry onto the professional register. In order to pass your apprenticeship, you must also complete the required End Point Assessment (EPA).
- In line with the European Directive 2005/36/EC, students will hold the required 10 years of general education (Adult Nursing Field Specific Requirement)
- Applicants will hold:
- 112 UCAS tariff points
- Mathematics and English Language GCSE Grade C or above OR equivalent i.e. Functional Skills Mathematics and English at Level 2 OR Access to Higher Education Diploma in nursing/health or social care/science with a minimum of 60 credits (45 at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2), with a Merit/Distinction profile. The Access to Higher Education Diploma must contain level 2 numeracy and literacy.
Specific entry requirements for the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship:
- Employer support and commitment to undertake the programme
- Evidence of level 3 study or equivalent
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Care Certificate and or equivalent experience in Health care
- Literacy and Numeracy Test
- Interview based on 6 C's and values based practice
- Employer's reference
- Verification of DBS check and Occupational Health Clearance
- Good written and spoken English
Fees per apprentice for whole duration (paid on a monthly basis and is an estimate):
Levy employer: £27,000 – an estimated £562 per month from company levy.
Non-levy employer: please email email@example.com or call 020 8223 2337 for more information. The apprentice will not be required to pay any fees.
Progression: After achieving the knowledge, skills and behaviours specified in the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship standard and the end point assessment, you will be eligible to apply to the NMC for entry onto the professional register.
Degree content: Please see the BSc (Hons) Nursing Adult Apprenticeship programme specification.
How to get involved
We are flexible and responsive in our approach to delivering higher and degree apprenticeships. We are on-hand to discuss any queries you may have about the apprenticeship.
We are interested to hear from employers and providers who would like to join one of our Trailblazer groups, which initially design and develop apprenticeships. Please get in touch if you:
- would like to become an employer partner of UEL and let us help you find the right apprentices for you;
- are interested in any of the apprenticeship degree programmes we are currently running or the new ones we are developing;
- would like to explore creating new apprenticeships and join a Trailblazer group with us.
020 8223 2337
University of East London
Academic Partnerships Office
Docklands Campus, University Way
London E16 2RD
The information on this webpage reflects the course details as they are at the time of publication and is subject to change. The information is included as a guide to course content only.