Disordered Personalities and Extremism
understanding the links between individual acts of 'extremist' violence, psychological disturbance, and the social and cultural processes in which they prosper
- Monica Lloyd: University of Birmingham, formerly Prison Psychologist working on projects concerning people convicted of extremist offences; NOMS and prison inspectorate.
- Professor Barry Richards: University of Bournemouth, author of Emotional Governance : Politics, Media and Terror (2007, Palgrave) founding editor of Media, War and Conflict.
- Dr Ian Miller (Trinity College, Dublin): “On Perverse Socialization: The Shared Fantasy of Limitless Sweetness”
- Dr Daniella Angueli, (University of Rennes 2) “State of alienation”
- Christopher Dean (formerly NOMS, Forensic Psychology): “Emotional Vulnerability, Identification and Extremist Violence”
- Maktuno Suit (East London Hospital Trust, London Pathways Trust); “Dreaming of Columbine An exploration of extremism ideologies and their link to an offender’s psychopathology”
- Dr Nichola Khan (University of Brighton) “On disordered politics: continuities between individual and political madness in a case of extreme violence in Pakistan.”
This event is funded by the ESRC, organized by collaboration between David W Jones (Psychosocial Studies at the University of East London), Chris Scanlon (Consultant Forensic Psychotherapist—NHS), David Gadd (University of Manchester, the Association of Psychosocial Studies.
Monday, 21 March 2016
This text shows in the bubbleSee map