We are looking for students with the signs of design mind at work. Our subject is concerned with all kind of visual communication so you should you try to include examples of typography.
Examples of work we want to see included in your portfolio are:
- Sketchbooks full of ideas and visual experimentation.
- Drawing skills – observational drawing, mark making and colour experiments.
- Evidence of self-initiated projects/work/blogs
- Evidence of visual research – gallery visits/contemporary design articles
- Evidence and knowledge of techniques relevant to graphic design such as collage, type, printing, animation, image making, film and photography
(Examples of Mixed media – digital/moving image or animation can be brought on USB stick)
- You Inspirations
- A design sensibility
- Passion, dedication and care.
Avoid repetition, showing us lots of the same thing.
Try to show us examples of your work that include as many different mediums as possible.
Sometimes less is more, so don’t send us everything, just your best work and what we have asked for.