BA (Hons) Performing Arts auditions
Congratulations, you have been selected to audition for a place on our BA (Hons) Performing Arts course.
What will happen on the day?
Our in-person auditions will be held on our Performing Arts floor at University Square Stratford (USS Building). Please report to the main reception desk when you arrive. Please note the address carefully, as there are three different campuses at UEL:
University of East London
University Square Stratford (USS)
1 Salway Road
London, E15 1NF
Unfortunately, there is no parking available on site.
What you need to bring
- Suitable clothing for a workshop, and trainers that are specifically used for indoor training with non-marking soles. No outdoor shoes are allowed in our studios.
- Applicants need to come prepared to move in comfortable clothing and to participate in a practical workshop session.
- Following the workshops, you may be required to attend a short individual interview. Please familiarise yourself with the course overview and aims and come prepared to discuss why you would like to study with us. You may also be asked to talk about your experience of participating in the devising workshop.
- Food and water.
What happens at the audition?
You will also need to have completed and submitted the pre-interview form which
We might work with you to develop your performance during the audition, or engage you in additional creative practical tasks, giving you an opportunity to experience the activities that you will encounter on the course. The approach will be relaxed and creative, providing an opportunity for staff/ student interaction.
We are looking for students who are able to engage with others in an experimental and creative environment, and who have the foundation skills needed to thrive in a higher education setting.
What we are looking for
- Applicants who have an open mind and are curious to learn and study.
- Applicants who are able to follow instructions and respond to advice and feedback offered.
- A mature and professional approach.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to the workshop sessions – as well as your enthusiasm and engagement.
- Ability to communicate reflectively and critically about your experience of the workshops.
- Able to collaborate creatively and constructively with performers from a range of disciplines and backgrounds.
What happens after the audition/interview day?
We will notify you of the outcome of your audition and interview via email. If you are offered a place, you will be required to accept/decline your place via the Applicant Portal and, if you have applied via UCAS, via UCAS Track by the UCAS deadline.
Can I bring children?
You are welcome to bring children to the interview/test day but they must be accompanied by another adult. UEL staff cannot look after children while your interview/test is taking place and children must not be left unaccompanied anywhere on UEL premises.
It is not appropriate for children to be in the interview with you as this would limit the ability for both you and the interviewer to hold an open conversation about future studies at UEL; similarly, children are not permitted in test/exam environments.