Studying law, criminology or policing sets you up for a vast amount of varied careers, both within the legal and police sector, and in related fields. That’s why we offer a diverse range of courses as well as dedicated careers guidance for our students.
Studying one of our qualifying law degrees will set you up for a career at the bar, but you could decide to use your legal knowledge to teach, work in charities, work for government organisations, champion human rights, work in environmental law, journalism, construction, finance, policy advice and a huge range of other related fields.
Studying criminology or policing will put you on the path to a range of careers across the criminal justice sector and related fields. Graduates go on to work in the police, probation, social services, prisons, private security, community organisations, local government, charities, civil service, think tanks, journalism and academia.
You will also develop highly sought-after transferable skills – including research, essay-writing, teamwork and communication – that will be attractive to employers in any field.
Studying our professional policing course will open pathways to careers in the police service and law enforcement and help you develop skills and knowledge essential to those careers.
At UEL, you’ll have access to:
- Employability skills training such as interview techniques and CV writing.
- Career Assessment, giving you the opportunity to learn about yourself and Career Coach will help you to discover career suggestions based on your interests.
- UEL Skills Academy, where external professionals deliver sessions on the competencies most prized by graduate employers.
- Internships, placements and volunteering opportunities from our work placements team.
- Professional mentoring scheme, matching students with staff from major companies.
- Networking opportunities and annual careers fair.
- Support with setting up your own business.
Our location in one of Europe’s largest regeneration areas and our extensive links to local employers will also give you access to fantastic internships and placements. From heavy industry to high-tech, health and social care to the arts, there are so many opportunities right on our doorstep.