Our degrees are completely focused on your future career. They're expertly designed to include the right balance of transferable skills, specialist knowledge and work-based experience that will make you highly qualified and extremely employable. We embed industry knowledge, case studies, guest speakers and valuable field trips throughout our courses.
Our students have the chance to network with the many businesses we are proud to work with, including hotels like the Hilton, catering groups like Elior, restaurant companies, contract or licence sectors, independent hospitality or license sectors, tour operators, event venues and management companies, as well as prestigious clubs, sporting venues and arts organisations.
We also have a superb employability team that works with students to find placements, projects, graduate schemes and full-time employment, combining careers advice with practical training in interview technique and CV writing. This fantastic support network, alongside our prime location in thriving East London - nestled between iconic Canary Wharf and booming Stratford - gives UEL students a real head-start in their chosen careers.
At UEL, you'll have access to:
- Employability skills training such as interview techniques and CV writing.
- Career Assessment, giving you the opportunity to learn about yourself and Career Coach will help you to discover career suggestions based on your interests.
- UEL Skills Academy, where external professionals deliver sessions on the competencies most prized by graduate employers.
- Internships, placements and volunteering opportunities from our work placements team.
- Professional mentoring scheme, matching students with staff from major companies.
- Networking opportunities and annual careers fair.
- Support with setting up your own business.