Having worked in a variety of executive roles in the Music Industry for 30 years, Dave joined UEL in September 2011.
A successful A&R Manager in the music business between 1990 and 2005, he has worked and had hits with artists such as Stereophonics, Skunk Anansie and The Stone Roses amongst many others. His last music industry position was Director of A&R at Jive Records between 2000 and 2005.
Between 2005 and 2011 Dave ran his own management and production business, working with Sony USA, Columbia Records and Island Records.
In 1991 he obtained a Masters degree in 'Cultural Studies' from Thames Valley University and was a 'Visiting Lecturer' at the University of Hertfordshire between 2008 and 2010.
• The cultural and economic history of the Music Industry.
• The role of Music in the development of local and regional economies and identities.
• The legal status of copyright in the area of songwriting
As Programme Leader of the Music Industry Management BA programme responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that the programme remains contemporary and relevant to the ever changing music business.
• Ensuring delivery of high quality teaching and learning to students