Professor John Strawson
Hon Professor of Law
Centre of human rights in conflict
John Strawson is honorary Professor of Law and Co-director of the Centre on Human Rights in Conflict.
University of East London
1 Salway Road
London, E15 1NF
- Colonialism, Israel Studies, Vol 24, No. 2 (2019), 33-44
- Modern Islamic Memory and the ISIS 'Caliphate', in Kalliopi Chainoglou, Barry Collins, Michael Phillips and John Strawson (Eds.) Injustice, Memory and Faith in Human Rights (London and New York: Routledge, 2018)
- One-State is a Trap for Two Peoples in Palestine and Israel, Fathom, Vol. 12 (2016)
- Translating the Hedaya: The colonial foundations of Islamic Law, in Shaunnagh Dorsett and John McLaren (Eds.) Legal Histories of the British Empire: Law, engagements, legacies (London and New York: Routledge, 2014), 157-170
I have received research funding from the British Academy, The Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and the British Council.
- War and Human Rights
- International Criminal Law