Dr Nadeem Qazi
Intelligent Systems Research Group
Dr. Qazi is a Lecturer of Computer Science and Informatics at the School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering. He is also involved in supervising Masters and PhD students.
Dr. Qazi is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He earned his PhD in Machine Learning (ANN) from Cranfield University. For over seven years, he has worked as a post-doctoral researcher in AI, machine learning, big data analytics and visualisation in several fields including crime analysis, smart homes, assisted living, text mining, computer vision, human activity recognition and transfer learning. In his post-doctoral career, he has held researcher positions in National University of Ireland Maynooth, University of Ulster, Middlesex University and Brunel University, London. As a lead researcher, he has completed a four-year EU funded FP7 project: Visual Analytics and Sense making for Crime Data (VALCRI) at Middlesex University London. He also has completed a project on smart home(IQuest) at Brunel University jointly funded by UK and China. Other projects included TEMPO (University of Ulster and e Limerick Institute of Technology) and Smart Cities in Ireland (National University of Ireland Maynooth, funded by Science Foundation Ireland.
He is a member of the IEEE and the British Computer Society. He is also a reviewer of many IEEE conferences and several journals including Information Processing and Management Science Direct Journal.
Most recent research
- Role of AI in smart homes and smart health
- Human Activity Detection through Computer Vision
- Ontology for human activity detection
- COVID 19 modelling and prediction using LSTM
- Crime Data Analysis and Visualisation
Human-Centered Data Science Approach towards Crime Analysis.
Nov 2019. An International Journal of Information Processing & Management, Volume 56, Issue 6..
Contextual visualization of crime matching through similarity clustering and Bayesian analysis.
N. Qazi, William Wong. Oct 2019.. Social Media Strategy in Policing, Springer..
- CN 7023 AI and Machine Vision
- CN 7030 Machine Learning on Big Data
- CD 6101 Software Engineering
- CD 5108 Modern Application Development
- CN 5006 Web and Mobile Application
- CD 6103 Big Data Infrastructure Manipulation
- CN 6204 Distributed System
- CD 6113 Synoptic Projects
- CN 7031 Big Data Analytics
- Supervision of Master Dissertations
- Supervision of Doctoral Students