Dr Igbekele Sunday Osinubi
Senior Lecturer in Accounting
• The effects of financial constraints and financial distress on timely financial reporting in an emerging capital market.
• The impact of regulatory regimes and corporate attributes on intra-industry variation in mandatory disclosure: evidence in a developing economy.
Conference and workshop papers
• Effects of regulatory sanctions and managerial discretion on timing of the release of corporate financial reports, Financial Reporting and Business Communication 21st Annual Conference, Durham University, 6th – 7th July 2017
• Institutional determinants of mandatory disclosure in annual reports of Nigerian listed companies, Financial Reporting and Business Communication Annual Conference, University of Bristol, 30th June 2016- 1st July 2016
• Institutional and corporate attributes determinants of intra-industry variation in mandatory disclosure: Nigeria evidence, 15th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies, School of Economics, Finance and Management, University of Bristol, Friday, 24 June 2016
• Accounting infrastructure and IFRS adoption: ‘The Nigerian factors’, BAFA South East Area Group Conference, University of Sussex, 18th September 2015
• Institutional environment for financial reporting in Nigeria, British Accounting and Finance (BAFA) Conference, University of Manchester, March 2015
• Organisation identities and disclosure compliance in annual financial reports of Nigerian listed firms, BAFA Annual Conference, London School of Economics (April, 2014)
• Disclosure compliance as legitimacy management tool: evidence from corporate annual reports in Nigeria, 50th BAFA Doctoral colloquium, London School of Economics, London, 14-16 April 2014
• Nigerian evidence on the impact of regulatory change on mandatory disclosure compliance, 49th Annual BAFA Conference, Newcastle United Kingdom, 2013