Dr Igbekele Sunday Osinubi
Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
Accounting , Royal Docks School of Business and Law
Dr. Igbekele Osinubi is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance, and Programme Leader for Integrated Masters in Accounting and Finance (MAccFin) programme.
2018 Workshop on Writing Quantitative Research Papers: Accounting in Emerging Economies, University of Southampton, 10th - 11th May 2018
2017 Financial Reporting and Business Communication, 21st Annual Conference, Durham University, 6th – 7th July 2017
2016 Financial Reporting and Business Communication Annual Conference, University of Bristol, 30th June 2016- 1st July 2016
15th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies, School of Economics, Finance and Management, University of Bristol, Friday, 24 June 2016
2015 BAFA SEAG Conference, University of Sussex, September 2015
• The effects of financial constraints and financial distress on timely financial reporting in an emerging capital market.
• The impact of regulatory regimes and corporate attributes on intra-industry variation in mandatory disclosure: evidence in a developing economy.
Conference and workshop papers
• Effects of regulatory sanctions and managerial discretion on timing of the release of corporate financial reports, Financial Reporting and Business Communication 21st Annual Conference, Durham University, 6th – 7th July 2017
• Institutional determinants of mandatory disclosure in annual reports of Nigerian listed companies, Financial Reporting and Business Communication Annual Conference, University of Bristol, 30th June 2016- 1st July 2016
• Institutional and corporate attributes determinants of intra-industry variation in mandatory disclosure: Nigeria evidence, 15th Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies, School of Economics, Finance and Management, University of Bristol, Friday, 24 June 2016
• Accounting infrastructure and IFRS adoption: ‘The Nigerian factors’, BAFA South East Area Group Conference, University of Sussex, 18th September 2015
• Institutional environment for financial reporting in Nigeria, British Accounting and Finance (BAFA) Conference, University of Manchester, March 2015
• Organisation identities and disclosure compliance in annual financial reports of Nigerian listed firms, BAFA Annual Conference, London School of Economics (April, 2014)
• Disclosure compliance as legitimacy management tool: evidence from corporate annual reports in Nigeria, 50th BAFA Doctoral colloquium, London School of Economics, London, 14-16 April 2014
• Nigerian evidence on the impact of regulatory change on mandatory disclosure compliance, 49th Annual BAFA Conference, Newcastle United Kingdom, 2013
Osinubi, I.S. 2020 The three pillars of institutional theory and IFRS implementation in Nigeria,
Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies (forthcoming), DOI: 10.1108/JAEE-07-2019-0139
Osinubi, I.S. 2020 Effects of financial distress and financing constraints on trade credit provisions,
Asian Review of Accounting (forthcoming), DOI: 10.1108/ARA-04-2020-0058
Osinubi, I.S. 2008 Minimisation of corporate tax liability: a review of the strategic application of
creative accounting and tax planning, Journal of Business Administration and Management, 3(1), pp. 34-40
UEL Repository links:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria N500, 000 PhD research grant, 2012
PhD Thesis Title: Institutional determinants of corporate disclosure compliance in Nigeria.
Module Leadership and Seminar Teachings
AC5052 Performance Management Accounting, (ACCA F5 equivalent; Module Leader)
SG7201 Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics, and Human Rights, (MBA)
AC4006 Fundamentals of Business Accounting
SG4011 Business Statistics and Data Analysis
HR7003 Managing Financial and Human Resources for Sustainable Business, (MBA)
Some of the topics covered in the module include Ethical consideration in Management Accounting decisions; Breakeven analysis; Target costing; Lifecycle Costing; Activity Based Costing; Make or outsourcing decisions; Managing constraint resources; Budgeting; Variance analysis; Transfer Pricing decisions.