Ms Alison Lowe
Fashion and Textiles
University of East London
London, E16 2RD
Awarded an MBE for Services to the
Fashion Industry in HRH The Queen’s Birthday Honours 2017, Alison was also
nominated and awarded as one of the Maserati 100 for 2016 for the support she
gives the next generation of entrepreneurs. A passionate and motivational
speaker, Alison has built a reputation as one of the leading supporters of
creative talent and start-up businesses.
Alison is renowned for her practical, realistic approach to running a creative business and this has resulted in her book ‘How to Start Your Own Fashion Label – the Definitive Guide’ becoming an Amazon No.1 bestseller. She has acted as a marketing consultant to brands across the globe from start-ups to established businesses, supporting fashion and luxury brands, retailers, and manufacturers.
In addition to owning two fashion agencies, Alison has now turned her focus to educating and teaching the next generation of fashion creatives and entrepreneurs. Alison is a founding member of the Centre for Entrepreneurs and is a judge for The Great British Entrepreneur Awards and is a judge for Graduate Fashion Week.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Management (2004) Open University
- Professional Certificate in Management (2000) Open University
- Post-graduate Diploma in Applied Social Sciences (1998) Open University
- D32 / D33 NVQ Assessors Awards (1997) City and Guilds
- Initial Tutor Training (1997) Open College Network and Initial Certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (1997) City and Guilds
- Common Purpose Graduate (1999)
- Great British Entrepreneur Awards judge
- Ambassador for Be Inspired, Retail Week
How to Start Your Own Fashion Label – The
Definitive Guide, 2019 (Amazon No 1 Best selller)
DIY Fashion PR, 2018