Dr. Bahar K Esfahani
Programme Director l BEng Product Design Engineering
School of Architecture, Computing, and Engineering, University of East London
FHEA, PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons)
School of Architecture, Computing, and Engineering
University Way London
Research expertise & interests:
- Human-centred Design (theory, tools and methodologies; multidisciplinary applications)
- User study methods (co-design & participatory design, contextual inquiry)
- Digital healthcare design (user experience (UX/UI), inclusive design)
Bridging Gender and Human Centered Design: a Design Verification Study
Bahar K Esfahani. 2020. Procedia CIRP- Elsevier.
Putting User in Context: a Participatory Design Approach Using a Simulated Beach Environment
Bahar K Esfahani. 2020. Cambridge University Press.
Heatlh 4.0: How Digitisation Drives Innovation in the Healthcare Sector.
Khayamian Esfahani, B., Bause, M., & Schaefer, D. (2019).. In The 2019 International Conference on Systematic Innovation (ICIS). Liverpool, UK..
Towards the exploration of gender awareness in human-centred design.
Khayamian Esfahani, B., Morris, R., & Erickson, M. (2019).. In Academy for Design Innovation Management Conference 2019. London, UK..
Design for Health 4.0: Exploration of a New Area.
Bause, M., Khayamian Esfahani, B., Forbes, H., & Schaefer, D. (2019, August 4).. In 22nd International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED '19). Delft, The Netherlands..
Professional Body Memberships:
- The Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors (CIEHF) (Member, 2018 - present)
- The Design Society (Member, 2018 - present)
Applied Manufacturing & Innovative Materials
Adobe Creative Suite & Computer-aided design (CAD)