Dr Amin Karami
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
Computer Science and Informatics, School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering (ACE), Architecture, Computing and Engineering (ACE)
I am currently working and researching on Big Data Analytics, Internet-of-Things (IoT), and Cyber Security for industrial and commercial systems. I am currently looking forward MSc and PhD students on the mentioned topics. If you are interested in, please send me your CV or research ideas by email.
I graduated my B.Sc. degree in the field of computer engineering in Qazvin Azad University in Iran on 2007. Then, I completed my M.Sc. degree in the field of advanced information systems in Iran on 2009. I also graduated in other M.Sc. in Informatics field from University of Skövde in Sweden on 2011. Furthermore, I completed Ph.D. degree in the Statistical Analysis of Networks and Systems (SANS) research group at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya Barcelona Tech (UPC), Spain in February 2015. My PhD dissertation entitled "The Use of Computational Intelligence for Security in Named Data Networking" under supervision of Prof. Manel Guerrero-Zapata. During PhD, I've carried out several international research collaborations, complete and outstanding research papers in the high-quality peer-reviewed journals and international conferences, teaching, co-supervision, several funds and grants, and several invited talks and presentations.
I am currently working and researching on Big Data Analytics, Internet-of-Things (IoT), and Cyber Security for industrial and commercial systems. I am currently looking forward MSc and PhD students on the mentioned topics. If you are interested, please send me your CV or research ideas by email.
My main research interests fall into two groups:
(1) Data Science: Computational Intelligence, Learning disciplines, Soft Computing, and Meta-heuristic Optimization on Big Data.
(2) Computer Networks and Communications: Internet-of-Things (IoT), Next-Generation Internet, Network Security, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
Please refer to my list of publications at Google Scholar page.
- Big Data Analytics
- Computational Intelligence (CI) concepts and methodologies
- Machine Learning
- Fuzzy Control Systems
- Uncertainty Quaification and Visualization
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Intrusion Response Systems (IRS)
- Anomaly Detection
- Nature-Inspired and Bio-Inspired Cyber defense
- Security for Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Security for Next-Generation Internet
- MSc Big Data Technologies
- MSc Big Data Analytics (CN7022)
- MSc Machine Learning on Big Data (CN7030)
- Application Development for Business (CN5209)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (CN5102-HDU)
- Data Communications and Networks (CN5122)
- Network Design and Management (CN6106)
- Computer and Network Security (CN6107)
- MSc Computer Security (CN7016)