Sonia Ruth Crawford
Sonia Crawford qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and has worked in private practice (both in East and West London) for a number of years as a specialist family adviser. Previously, Sonia was a Citizens Advice Bureau (CABx) Adviser, and a deputy manager for the CABx. Sonia has been a committee member for a number of organisations, including Newham Law Centre, Newham Welfare Advice panel, and the CABx panel. Sonia has been a senior lecturer with the University of East London since 2003.
- Research interests are in the areas of Family and Child law, particularly those that involve disputes concerning contact to the child.
- Admitted as a solicitor 1991
- Member of the Law Society.
- Member of the Society of Legal Scholars
- Justice of the Peace
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Acted as reviewer for a number of publishers
Sonia has published a number of articles, including in the Family Law Journal: 'The Highs and lows of shared parenting' (2012), and 'Reporting Proceedings: Redefining children as shields against media exposure' (2010).