The ARENA project has received funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund.
ARENA supports London start-ups, spin-outs and SMEs seeking to develop and commercialise their innovative ideas, products and services in the areas of resource efficiency, urban green infrastructure, and nature based solutions for urban resilience. These sectors are exhibiting significant global growth. ARENA aims to build on innovation strengths to contribute to London’s aspirations of a world leading low carbon city in harmony with the natural environment.
As an ARENA project beneficiary you will receive free and bespoke expertise and advice directly in accordance with your business and innovation needs. Our team of subject area experts, researchers and innovation practitioners can provide:
- Market knowledge and networks - support to enhance the commercial validation of innovations to increase their market deployment and uptake
- Research and development support - In-lab research support, testing and technological validation for early stage innovations
- Demonstration trials and assessment - facilitation of demonstration pilots, performance monitoring and assessment in a real world environment - the new Ecology Centre and Urban Living Lab at Barking Riverside
- Promotion and showcasing - publicity and promotion at Barking Riverside Ecology Centre
- Market rollout and procurement support - brokerage to appropriate private and public sector clients
Putting the ‘nature’ in nature-based solutions
Restoring nature to urban areas represents a mechanism for delivering environmental, social, and economic benefits.
SUPPORT DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
We are aware that many companies are now having to adapt to significant and unprecedented challenges.
During this difficult time, our aim is to minimise any disruption to our services to business under the ARENA project.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and clients, our offices at the UEL Knowledge Dock are currently closed until further notice, however our staff team is working remotely to continue providing support to new and existing business clients.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to find out how ARENA may be able to support your business!
Co-funded by London ERDF, ARENA is three year business support programme led by the Sustainable Research Institute, at the University of East London, in partnership with Barking Riverside Ltd.
Get in touch
Please register below for more information and to arrange a discussion with one of our team.