The ARENA project has received funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
ARENA supports London start-ups, spin-outs and SMEs seeking to develop and commercialise their innovative ideas, products and services in the areas of resource efficiency, urban green infrastructure, and nature based solutions for urban resilience. These sectors are exhibiting significant global growth. ARENA aims to build on innovation strengths to contribute to London’s aspirations of a world leading low carbon city in harmony with the natural environment.
As an ARENA project beneficiary you will receive free and bespoke expertise and advice directly in accordance with your business and innovation needs. Our team of subject area experts, researchers and innovation practitioners can provide:
- Market knowledge and networks - support to enhance the commercial validation of innovations to increase their market deployment and uptake
- Research and development support - In-lab research support, testing and technological validation for early stage innovations
- Demonstration trials and assessment - facilitation of demonstration pilots, performance monitoring and assessment in a real world environment - the new Ecology Centre and Urban Living Lab at Barking Riverside
- Promotion and showcasing - publicity and promotion at Barking Riverside Ecology Centre
- Market rollout and procurement support - brokerage to appropriate private and public sector clients
Co-funded by London ERDF, ARENA is three year business support programme led by the Sustainable Research Institute, at the University of East London, in partnership with Barking Riverside Ltd and the Low Carbon Strategy Network.
Get in touch
Please register below for more information and to arrange a discussion with one of our team.