Our Move East London programme allows all students to take part in sport and physical activity across Docklands and Stratford campus'. All of our drop in sessions are free to attend and vary from yoga and boxing to basketball and volleyball. They are run by our Sports Reps and Sports Scholars, so it's a great opportunity to learn a new sport, hang out with friends, or take a break from studies.
All UEL Staff and Students can take part in our fun and relaxed sports tournaments, open to all levels and abilities. You are able to socialise and develop long lasting friendships that will stay with you throughout university and afterwards. The aim is really simple:
- Enter a team with your fellow halls of residence, your academic school or as part of a social group (or simply turn up on the day)
- Compete against the other teams
- Your team will accumulate points for each tournament attended.
- The winners will be crowned champions at our annual Sports Awards event.
Weekly tournaments take place on a Tuesday evening between 5:00-8:00pm at SportsDock, Docklands Campus. Come down with as many friends as possible and get the atmosphere buzzing! Whether you want to try something new or just looking for something to do with your friends, the free tournaments are the place to be. From Basketball and Cricket, to Dodgeball and Zorb Football it's not something to miss.
(Docklands & Stratford)
Dedicate some time to your health and well-being during your busy week. Our range of free weekly exercise classes are available to all UEL Staff and Students.
- Unlimited attendance
- No sign-up or commitment required
- Take place at SportsDock, Docklands Campus and Water Lane, Stratford Campus
View our timetable right here
SportsDock also offers members over 100 classes every week throughout the day. Whenever you have free time (whether that's 6:30 in the morning or 9:00pm at night), be sure to get involved. Take a look at the timetable.