Why study Sociology and Social Policy at UEL?
- Outstanding research - Our research is outstanding. We were the top-ranked modern university in London and the second modern university in the UK for sociology research in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework – the national review of higher education research.
- Perfect location - You will be studying in one of the most fascinating areas in the whole of Europe in terms of social change, brought about by the massive urban development taking place in east London.
- Research-led teaching - Our academic team are involved in a wide range of research, united by a desire to improve social justice and individual wellbeing. They bring this cutting-edge knowledge into every aspect of their teaching, so you can be sure you will have access to the very latest thinking in your subject.
- Supportive teaching staff - We are highly ambitious, but we are also friendly and supportive. We are large enough to offer a wide range of courses but small enough to ensure you will have ample personal contact with your lecturers.
- World renowned research centres - One of our key strengths is in narrative research – analysing issues and experiences through personal story-telling. Our Centre for Narrative Research serves as a meeting point for researchers from around the world.
- Cutting-edge training - Our courses respond to the growing need for highly trained social researchers. We will introduce you to a variety of cutting-edge research methods and topics of study. You'll have opportunities to contribute to modern sociological thinking by carrying out research in collaboration with local organisations and research partners.