Why study Global Studies at UEL?
- Unique opportunity - Many of our courses are unique, combining disciplines that are not available at other universities, and we already have years of experience teaching them.
- Global network - We’ll give you the practical as well as theoretical skills to work in development, international relations, asylum and forced migration, and we’ve built up valuable networks of alumni in these fields.
- Internationally recognised - Our academic staff are working on important and innovative research. They are internationally recognised and up to date with the latest developments in their fields, ensuring that what they teach you is relevant and current.
- Unique resources - We're home to the Refugee Council Archive – one of the largest collections of materials on refugees and forced migration. It’s a treasure trove of information on displacement, flight and exile and on refugee community life.
- Worldwide placements - Our courses focus on practical experience and we’ll encourage you to establish links with NGOs to find placement opportunities.
- Versatile skills - We will help you develop advanced critical and evaluative abilities, as well as research management skills. This will make you an informed and critical professional in international relations, development and forced migration studies.