To achieve success in the modern business world, you need to master the concepts of entrepreneurship and be aware of the importance of sustainability and innovation. Whether your ambition is to climb the corporate ladder or launch and run your own start-up, you need to learn the vital business skills that guarantee your success.
You need skills that you can use anywhere that will set you up for a long and excellent career - and UEL is the place for you to gain them. We offer academic choice and integrity combined with high-quality teaching and industry expertise. What will you bring to this exciting learning environment?
You’ll be assessed in ways that reflect the real world of business, including presentations, pitches, case studies and reports – invaluable experience when you’re looking for graduate employment.
Depending on your course, you’ll have the opportunity to gain membership and qualifications with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Why study with us?
• Our business courses give you the best of both worlds – an excellent business education backed by the chance to test your skills and knowledge for real. We’ll do our best to support you in finding work experience or an internship, or you can spend a whole year on a work placement to boost your understanding, credibility and CV.
• We have built flexibility into all of our options, enabling you to discover your strengths and interests and specialise later on. Our Business Management programmes have a common first year, in which you’ll learn the business fundamentals. You can then focus on human resources or marketing, or complete a general business management degree.
• Whatever you choose, you’ll be encouraged to network, build a portfolio to showcase your talents, work with local companies and organisations and follow your own business ideas. It’s up to you.
What we're researching
We are committed to an evidence based approach to business and management through our applied research and scholarship. Our Research Centres that have direct relevance to Business Management are:
- CIME (The Centre for Innovation Management and Enterprise) that is focused on achieving and sustaining globally recognised thought leadership in entrepreneurship.
- CIFLAC (Centre for Islamic Finance Law and Communities), is engaged with research in ethical banking and finance.
- STAMP (Centre for the Study of States, Markets and People) promotes advanced and applied research in fields related to management and economics.
Many of our business lecturers are engaged with one or more of the above Research Centres. All our students also have access to the research and scholarship within these groups. As a student of UEL, you will be invited to all the events that are hosted within the centres and there are also opportunities to be involved in the research that they carry out.