Welcome from our Dean
Dean - Professor Matthew Humphreys MBE
It gives me great pleasure in welcoming you to the Royal Docks Business and Law School; a School dedicated to excellence in research, teaching, engagement and employability. We offer a wide array of undergraduate, postgraduate and management qualifications, many with professional accreditations.
Our principal aim is to prepare students to engage, as a professional, in the business world. Many of our courses provide exemptions to professional examinations such as those regulated by the ACCA, CIPD, ICAEW, CMI and the Law professions. Likewise, a number of courses are integrated allowing students to complete both their undergraduate and Masters level studies within one course.
All students within the School are advised and encouraged to undertaking civic positions within the local community including School Governorship, Charitable Trustees, Lay Visitors (for local police stations) and CAB advisors. Our hugely successful Law Clinic provides a real opportunity for students to become involved in providing pro bono legal advice and assistance to the community. We aim to establish a Business Advisory Centre, with a similar remit, for the business community in September 2016. I do hope you decide to become part of our dynamic, diverse and commercially orientated academic community.
I wish you every success in your future studies.
View Matthew Humphrey's staff profile.
The Royal Docks School of Business and Law offers an inclusive education providing a transformational experience that creates job-ready graduates.
We will implement our mission by:• Implementing curriculum distinctiveness to ensure employability is embedded at every level
• Enhancing student engagement focused on progression and retention with a learning by doing emphasis
• Focusing research on community involvement in select core areas engaged with the business community
• Creating a positive work environment
Situated in a stunning waterfront setting, our Docklands Campus provides a modern, well-equipped learning environment, with purpose-built lecture theatres and seminar rooms, a 24/7 library and learning Centre, and a multimedia production centre with audio and visual labs and studios.
Courses taught at our Docklands campus include undergraduate Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Great transport links including the Docklands Light Railway and London City Airport
- 25 minutes from London’s West End
- 24/7 Library and Learning Centre
- Children’s Garden early learning centre
- Student Village
- Cafés, restaurants and campus bookshop
- Students’ Union facilities including a café-bar, shop and launderette
University Square Stratford (USS) is a new education hub in the centre of Stratford. A joint venture between the University of East London and Birkbeck, University of London, it provides a new campus for 3400 students. The campus opened in September 2013 will be London’s newest and one of its most modern and well equipped learning centres. USS is home to UEL's specialist MBA centre, Bloomberg Suite and Mooting Room.
Students studying at USS will enjoy outstanding facilities including:
- Dedicated MBA suite and teaching space
- State of the art performing arts spaces, with over £750,000 of brand new specialist equipment
- 3 performance studios, kitted out with advanced lighting rigs and AV equipment
- 72 person capacity Harvard lecture Theatre with live lecture capture technology.
- The Weston Learning Centre, a multimedia space open 24/7 in term time, where students can study, engage in group work and take advantage of the learning facilities USS has to offer
- 300 seat specialized tiered lecture theatre
- Specially developed simulated court room for mooting experience
UEL's historic Stratford campus is situated close to the centre of Stratford and a short distance from USS. The campus brings together old and new with the historic University House building as well as modern well equipped buildings and centres of excellence. Stratford has seen huge investment in recent years including a brand new £14 million library which opened in September 2013.
Undergraduate courses including Accounting and Finance, Economics, HR and Business Management are all taught at our Stratford campus.