Why study undergraduate Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences at UEL?
- Famous facilities - You’ll have access to truly outstanding sports facilities. TeamUSA were so impressed with our £21 million SportsDock facility that they made it their training base for the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics.
- Generous Scholarships- Our high-performance sport programme is one of the most attractive in the UK. It gives elite athletes the chance to balance study with their sporting ambitions by offering world-class facilities, comprehensive support and financial scholarships and bursaries. Click for more information.
- Premier league links- If you chose to study our Community Sport foundation degree with West Ham United Foundation, you’ll gain an invaluable behind-the-scenes insight into how a Premier League football club works in the local community.
- Skills Active accredited - Our Sports and Exercise Science course is extremely popular because it’s fully accredited by SkillsActive. The professional body works to ensure that sport courses, qualifications and apprenticeships are based on national occupational standards and a national qualifications framework that reflects the real needs of sport employers.
- Coaching communities - We help to develop excellent sports coaches across all areas - from those who guide elite athletes to those who inspire children in community projects. You also gain practical experience of sports therapy by working at our purpose-built, on-site sports injury clinic and at different sporting events.
- International experience - You could find yourself out and about working at local, national and international events. On our BSc Sports Therapy course, you’re just as likely to be found helping fun runners at a local road race as learning from experts at a major international event. Last year, that was a trip to the Berlin Marathon.