Why study Postgraduate Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences at UEL?
Sport is a hugely popular area to work in – which means it’s highly competitive. Our upcoming Applied Sport and Exercise Science MSc offers the academic expertise, hands-on experience and world-class facilities that will give you the edge. It’s what you would expect from a university in the Olympic borough that played such a key part in the London Games.
- Expert teaching -Coaches linked to our courses include Vern Gambetta, founding father of functional sports training and formerly strength and conditioning coach for Major League Baseball team Chicago White Sox. Others include Olympic silver medal-winning sprinter Clarence Callender and Commonwealth weightlifting champion Giles Greenwood
- World-class facilities - UEL houses both Exercise Physiology labs and Biomechanics labs serviced by full-time laboratory technicians. The Sport and Exercise Biomechanics facilities focus upon the evaluation and development of sport and exercise techniques. Facilities include: VICON 3-Dimensional motion analysis system; a number of force plates; RSscan Pressure assessment system; BIODEX Isokinetic dynamometer; Noraxon Electromyography (EMG) module’; QUINTIC 2-Dimensional video analysis system.
- Cutting edge research - Our researchers made a major contribution to our superb performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, in which 86 per cent of our Allied Health submission was rated either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. This makes us the top modern university in London for our area of research and eighth in the country.
- Industry preparation- This course is designed and tailored to your own preferred specialism in either of the following: Sport Psychology; Strength and Conditioning; Clinical Exercise Physiology or Sport and Performance Therapy. It's carefully tailored to maximise your employability within sport and offers an unrivalled range of professional expertise and top class facilities
- Tailored for you -Our MSc offer you the chance to study a generic Masters alongside a specialisation within different areas of Sport and Exercise Science. This course is designed and tailored to your own preferred specialism in either of the following: Sport Psychology; Strength and Conditioning; Clinical Exercise Physiology or Sport and Performance Therapy.
- Substantial Investment - We have benefited from substantial investment in sport, leading to UEL being awarded the title ‘most improved sports University in the UK 2011’ by the British University and Colleges Sports Association. We've been improving ever since.