- Our fashion courses get you noticed, as 2014 graduate Krasimira Ivanova-Stoyneva will tell you. She’s now designing her own collection for MUUSE X after winning a Vogue-organised international competition.
Our studio -based learning offers you a high level of contact time with both technicians and academics.
Our connections with industry are extremely varied and active. Our work placement sandwich year gives you the opportunity to work at companies such as Gareth Pugh, Erdem, Vivienne Westwood and River Island.
Lucy Johnson , BA (Hons) Fashion Design, 2012
“They challenged us and prepared us for whatever opportunities we were given along the way. Looking back now, it was a fun and emotional experience that I would recommend to anyone thinking about a career in fashion.”
What we’re researching
Our academic team are dedicated to furthering the knowledge of creative practice and how it informs the fashion industry. Their expertise is allowing the department to expand knowledge and to consider new ways in which to deliver innovation within our programmes.Our research topics include:
- Sustainable design thinking within Fashion and Textiles
- Creativity as a commercial commodity? Its future in industry and education
- 3D modeling for physical and virtual environments
- Creative strategies on production and its impact on the future of fashion education
- How cultural identity shapes aesthetic sensibilities