We are interested in suitably qualified applicants for Excellence PhD studentships in any of our specialist areas of research, but particularly in the following areas:-
- Public pedagogy, teacher education, practitioner education, disaster education, prison education, higher education, academic mobility
- Changing policy and practice in social work
- The impact of marketization on the governance, management and operation of education (in particular early childhood education and care, but also primary and secondary education and careers education)
- The impact of new vocational (UTCs) provision in London and beyond
- Migration and racism in East London
The Cass School of Education and Communities hosts a number of world leading research centres including the International Centre for Public Pedagogy, the International Centre for the Study of the Mixed Economy of Childcare and the Centre for Social Work Research (CSWR). We also are actively promoting a centre of excellence in practitioner research across several disciplines. You are advised to look at our research pages to find out more about our research interests.
For informal enquiries regarding PhD studentships in the Cass School of Education and Communities please contact our Director of Research, Professor John Preston firstname.lastname@example.org.