Whether your future trajectory is within educational or social policy, research or practice our researchers and teaching staff are there to encourage and support you throughout your doctoral journey. Choose from a wide and varied curriculum supported by supervisors nationally and internationally acknowledged as experts in their field.
The School of Education and Communities is an international centre of excellence for teacher education and professional development. The School houses three innovative and multidisciplinary research centres: the International Centre for Public Pedagogy, the International Centre for the Mixed Economy of Childcare and the Centre for Social Work Research.
Our staff can support you in a variety of topics including teacher education, public pedagogy, comparative education, professional development, early childhood, prison education, social work and youth work.
- The International Centre for Public Pedagogy
- The International Centre for the Study of Mixed Economy of Childcare
- Centre for Social Work Research
- Early Childhood Education in Lebanon
- Centre for Research on Migration, Refugees and Belonging (CMRB)
- Centre for Social Justice and Change
- Centre for Professional Policing
- Rix Centre for Innovation in Learning Disability
- Refugee Mental Health and Wellbeing Portal
- Online Harms and Cyber Crime Unit
- Research in Teacher Education (RITE)