Post OLIve course resources
For students who
have completed the OLIve course at UEL, please find details below of further
resources that might be of interest to you.
English Language, ESOL and IELTS
Colleges require people to register for English classes and will usually start again in September for ESOL courses - Some college may have charges.
Quite a lot of refugee organisations and other NGOs also run English classes and we would welcome student suggestions for useful details that we can add to this site. Here is a list of further resources, and please do recommend others:
- British Council IELTS - Refugee registration not required
- British Council Nexus - Requires registration with an email
- British Council Future Learn: IELTS MOOC
- Duolingo: Smartphone/tablet
- ESOL - Needs no registration, goes up to IELTS, includes job-seeking English and 'Life in the UK' test materials
- Kiron University – English support provided during years 1 and 2
- Lang-8: Free language `exchange', with corrections - there is interactive help available here
- Online dictionary
- SwiftKey: 'Intelligent soft keyboards': (prediction and spelling correction)
- Write & Improve: Cambridge University associated improvement for your writing - there are actual online mentors for this.