This area of the CNR website collects together some of the work done by CNR members and associates over the past 15 years.
Our Newsletter, produced yearly, provides an up-date on Centre work, as well as recent and forthcoming narrative work throughout the world.
The 'Books' page features important recent monographs by CNR members and associates.
'Forthcoming papers' contains a selection of narrative work on cutting-edge topics. This resource is a very popular introduction to narrative work.
'Abstracts' features recent abstracts from CNR members and events.
The Sostris Working Papers derive from a cross-national study of social care in Europe, conducted by, among others, CNR members and associates Mike Rustin, Prue Chamberlayne and Tom Wengraf.
'Good morning hope' archives a set of stories and responses to the election of Barack Obama - an event to which many CNR members responded.
The 'Chila Burman' page provides insight into the work produced by Chila Kumari Burman, artist in residence with CNR in 2010.
We hope you enjoy these pages, and find them useful.
- Accounting for Rape: Psychology, Feminism and Discourse Analysis in the Study of Sexual Violence (Anderson & Doherty)
- Beyond Narrative Coherence ( Hyvärinen, Hyden, Saarenheimo and Tamboukou)
- Doing Narrative Research: Second Edition, 2013 (Andrews, Squire and Tamboukou)
- Health, Illness and Culture: Broken Narratives ( Hydén, Brockmeier)
- HIV in South Africa (Squire)
- In the Fold Between Power and Desire; Women Artists’ Narratives. (Tamboukou)
- Lines of Narrative, The Uses of Narrative (Andrews, Day Sclater, Squire, Treacher)
- Living with HIV and ARVs: Three-letter Lives (Squire)
- Narrating our Healing: Perspectives on Working through Trauma: Perspectives on Working Through Trauma (van der Merwe and Gobodo-Madikizela)
- Narrative Imagination and Everyday Life (Andrews)
- Narrative Methods for the Human Sciences (Riessman)
- Nomadic Narratives, Visual Forces: Gwen John’s letters and paintings. (Tamboukou)
- Public Emotions ( Radstone, Squire, Treacher)
- Research Interviewing: Context and Narrative (Mishler)
- Shaping History: Narrative of Political Change (Andrews)
- Small Stories, Interaction and Identities ( Georgakopoulou)
- Storylines Craftartis' Narratives of Identity (Mishler)
- The Travelling Concept of Narrative (COLLeGIUM) ( Hyvärinen, Korhonen, Mykkänen)
- Using Narrative in Social Research: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches (Elliott)
- Visual Lives, Carrington's Letters, Drawings and Paintings. British Sociological Association, Auto/Biography monograph series (Tamboukou)
- Women, Education and the Self: a Foucauldian Perspective (Tamboukou)
- Dangerous Encounters: Genealogy and Ethnography (Tamboukou, Ball)
- Narratives across media, Narrative Matters 2014
- Political Narratives, Narrative Matters 2012
- CNR Symposium, British Sociological Association Annual Conference, 2005
- CNR Symposium, International Conference of Critical Psychology, August 2003
- Molly Andrews keynote abstracts
- Prof C. Squire
- Prof. M.Tamboukou
- Tackling problems of qualitative social research: A conversation from the Methods in Dialogue ESRC seminar series
- Abstract, Narrative Inquiry Special Issue "Culture and Counter-narratives"
- British Psychological Society Centenary Annual Conference 2001, Narrative Symposium
- British Sociological Association Annual Conference 2000, Narrative Symposium