Welcome to the Regional Access Centre East London (RACEL)
Covid -19 update
Regional Access Centre East London (RACEL) is now operating remotely and are carrying out Needs Assessment appointments via telephone and video call.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, 0208 223 4118 or on 07342 190 751 if you would like to make a booking or have any questions.
The Assessment is not a test, but more of an informal interview to ascertain the following:
- Discuss the impact of your disability/Specific Learning Difference on your current and previous education.
- Consider the requirements of your chosen programme (e.g. research, lab sessions, placements, exams, etc).
- Identify the best study strategies to enable you to achieve your goals.
- Identify the best study aids, to help you meet your programme requirements.
RACEL will charge a fee to undertake your assessment from the general allowance section of your DSA. This will be a single assessment fee, which will cover any work required for the duration of your course of study, which will include:
- Additional needs which are related to the condition you were originally assessed for.
- Any activities undertaken by your Needs Assessor or the Centre, to review your DSA support needs for the duration of your original course.
- Liaising with your funding body, equipment supplier, HEI or other stakeholder for the purposes of review of your support needs.