Search for courses or information

Fees and funding

A postgraduate degree can bring you huge benefits – improved career progression, greater earning power, not to mention personal fulfilment. To support you in your postgraduate studies, we offer a generous package of scholarships, bursaries and discounts.

Fee Assessment

Before we can progress with your enrolment for a UEL postgraduate course, we need to assess the level of tuition fees you should pay.  We may need further information and documents from you to make the right assessment. In general, we assess students as Home, European Union or Overseas fee payers.

The exact fees you pay will depend on your nationality, your immigration status in the UK, where you’ve been living, and what you were doing for the three years before starting your course.

We make our assessments in line with UK regulations and guidance issued by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).

Our admissions staff are the only persons permitted to determine an applicant's fee status for the purpose of tuition fees. Find out more by emailing: or call +44 (0)20 8223 3333.

Frequently asked questions

Here are some answers to common questions students ask about fees and funding at the University of East London.

Yes. You can apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan (PCDL) of between £300 and £10,000.
Yes, subject to our credit control procedures.  For further information please contact our Credit Control team at or call 020 8223 7333
Check out what financial support is available on our international pages or speak to one of our international advisors.
Once you have been accepted by UEL for a postgraduate course of study, you can ask our Disability and Dyslexia Service for advice on whether you qualify for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).
When you enrol at UEL, you need to tell us how your fees will be paid. If your employer is sponsoring you, select the option on UEL Direct, ‘I expect to receive support from a commercial sponsor’. Both you and your sponsor should complete the Sponsorship Form and then send it to our Credit Control team. Alternatively, you can ask your sponsor to send a letter to Credit Control on headed paper, stating the amount of their sponsorship. Once Credit Control receives either of these documents, your enrolment will be complete.
At UEL we have a dedicated Student Money, Advice and Rights Team. They provide advice and information on funding, bursaries and scholarships, managing your money and much more.
If you are not sure of your entitlement, would like help apply for any of the funding or would like advice regarding any other student finance matter, please email or call 020 8223 4444.